Sign in to follow this  

Header Pipe?

I was wondering if anyone has put a header pipe on there bike and which one works the best. Also what kind of silencer did you match with it if you did.

dont waste your money,its not worth the expense.take the stocker off and remove the weld on the inside of the pipe where it joins to the head.

I don't know if you'll find someone that can give you the "best" because then they's actually have to have at least two pipes. Very unlikely.

Whatever the case, I have a BBR. It's fine. I picked it because the header is tapers and when I bought the pipe, it was the only one available. Yeah, I got one of the first CRF150's.

CHM, ENGINE's Only, Big Guns. Those are a few of the ones I've talk to people that like the pipes. When you buy one, make sure it comes with a header or not. I think Pro Circuit, for example, cost the same, but doesn't come with a header.

If all you're looking to replace is the header pipe, Powroll makes one that is oversized. Use the factory muffler can, and a Powroll thrust nozzle. Total cost is $110. You won't be able to tell a differance between the Powroll set up and one that costs 3X it.

I run a powroll header with the stock silencer, no baffle. The thrust nozzle doesn't allow a spark arrestor, and as near as I can figure, doesn't do a damn thing diffrent than the stock end cap other than remove the spark arrestor. My exhaust looks near stock, but sounds the same as my dad's $300 BBR.

We run the White Bros R4. It has an oversized header. Made some nice gains in all areas of performance. Sounds nice as well.

Gets bloody hot tho!!!!

Had to put a shield on it.

Yeah, all of them do, thinking about brazing some nuts onto my powroll and running my stock heat shield (same shape, but the powroll's bigger) on mine. What's really odd is that the paint seems to be getting soft enough to squish around from contact, way before my over the boot pants start to melt, which is kinda nice, but that thing does get toasty.

AgentSmith,

You've got to be kidding? :thumbsup: You did it to me again. MY hats off to you with that one. That's a slick move. I like that.

I'm actually in the process ( a slow process though) of learning how to weld. A friend said he had a welder and would lend it to me if I liked. I have to learn how to work the thing first, but as soon as I do, I was going to have some fun and make a header.

The thought process was that I wanted the silencer to NOT stick out so much. Shorten the header, right? Well, if I shorten the header, then I'll lose bottom end. That's no good. Therefore, the plan was to make a header that did the "factory" curve right out of the engine and up the front of the engine cases. That way the header would be the same length, but I could stick the silencer in closer. Now this is just for fun, but that is the plan.

I also want to try to make a megabomber like the FMF one. Again, this would just be for fun to see what happens. Once I learn to weld, it's only the cost of pipe. How bad could that be. I'll blame it all on DMC. Have you see the dual pipe he sells for the CRF150? It's sick!!!! I'd buy it, but it's a bit expensive. It's so cool though. www.socalxr.com. That's where it is. It's so cool.

The Pro-Circuit comes with a head pipe.

Just like it says on the first page of the thread? No way Mr. Holmes :thumbsup:

Just like it says on the first page of the thread? No way Mr. Holmes :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. So Pro Circuits does have a header. Good to know.

Well, I know there are a few out there that don't have the header with them. Just make sure that if you want the whole system, that the brand you are looking at has it.