Sign in to follow this  

Tire slime on a motocross bike?

I blew out my rear tire the last time I rode, I even spun the tube in the rim and lost the stem. The front tire is now flat it must be a slow leak, has anyone used slime on a tire. I've used it on my ride on mower and it worked great. By the way I freekin hate changing tires, bloody knuckles and lost tempers!

Using tire slime is only going to cause a mess. Change the tube, it doesn't take long.

I started carrying a tube of slime with me at the track because I suck at changing tires. Haven't had to use it yet though.

i would only used tire slime if i rode trails or something like that. And that would only be to finish out the ride. If you do mostly track time carry an extra tube and get good at that changing...btw you shouldn't have any problems with the front they're easy.

I run Slime in my tires but I race X-country. I have had good success with it.

From what you have explained is that maybe your tire was low and you didn't have a good clamp with your rim lock and the tire spun on the rim. If this happened it would not matter if you had Slime. Can't plug a tire with a quarter inch hole in it.

I would carry a spare tube like the others suggested. I would also make sure that I had a new rim lock and back that valve stem nut off all the way to the valve cap. That will allow a little movement of the tube.