04 kx250f valve adjustment..?? any tips?..

I just got this bike.. i started it firts kick in the back of the guys truck when i bought it... i brought it home and since then she has yet to start.... the guy said that his friend had just adjusted the valves for him.. when i kick over the bike the head pipe gets about 150 degreese and it backfires and all... so i know im gettin fuel.. but she sounds like she wants to run.. but wont.. i put a new spark plug in it and changed the oil... anybody have any tips for me?. im thinking about re-adjusting the valves.. anybody else else have any problems withg the valves being too tight and not starting?... also .. is this a pretty tough task.. or is it like most 4-strokes?.

I just got this bike.. i started it firts kick in the back of the guys truck when i bought it... i brought it home and since then she has yet to start.... the guy said that his friend had just adjusted the valves for him.. when i kick over the bike the head pipe gets about 150 degreese and it backfires and all... so i know im gettin fuel.. but she sounds like she wants to run.. but wont.. i put a new spark plug in it and changed the oil... anybody have any tips for me?. im thinking about re-adjusting the valves.. anybody else else have any problems withg the valves being too tight and not starting?... also .. is this a pretty tough task.. or is it like most 4-strokes?.

call the guy back and tell him what happened and see what he thinks?

I don't want to insult, but :

- if this is your first 4stroke is there any chance (any chance at all) that you are twisting the throttle when you kick it? It is a habit that all of us had on 2 strokes and it is very hard (if not impossible) to get rid of. Take your hand off of the throttle and grab the brake reservoir.

- is the hot start working? They do get stuck sometimes

- could still be the valves

good luck

Let the bike sit for 15 mins. Choke it, give it one squirt of throttle only, and do not open the throttle. Kick it once. Now turn off the choke, give it 1/4 throttle and hold it there, then kick.

It sounds like it may have been flooded. If it's flooded, no choke, open the throttle all the way and hold it there, do not close the throttle or open or close it. Open it and keep it there. Then kick 5-10 times.

When you open and close the throttle, the accellerator pump squirts fuel every time and they will flood easily.