Sign in to follow this  

Cal City Gp #4

What a miserable day riding, crashed on lap 1 it was so dusty you could not see your front wheel but I saved my crash for a clear straight section? Cant wait for the next gp. in Oct. I just hope it rains ALOT. Childress is so smooth and fast. :thumbsup: Hope every one else had a better trip than I did.

Here's something some without email may have not seen sent by Lou Peralta the promoter:

Here's an e-mail we've just received. I think it states what our concerns are, better than I think we can.

Dear Friends and fellow racers, we are playing with fire here and unless you all help us abide by the rules and restrictions, we will lose it all.

The sad truth is, that at 65 years-old, I've done my riding, and I still compete in Baja wherever I want. So I can live out the rest of my life without at least riding once a week.

However, there are many of you in the prime of your life and I know how I felt when I was 20, 30, 40 and even 50. I had to ride every day, every week. I had to compete.

If we lose it all because of a few, then you'll have to join me at the golf course, because there will be no place to ride for you. That's just bad!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lou,

Hello my name is Steven Russell. My son Quinton races in your grand prixs, and we are a part of Trail Menace M C.

Last Saturday, after going to the riders meeting and having the ground rules explained clearly, Myself and some others went to the halfway point of the whoop section between Mile 1 & 2 to watch the adult race. You made it clear to stay within the boundaries but there were numerous riders that did not. I am an employee of LADWP in Mojave, and we deal with BLM, Fish and Game, US Forest Service and others. They are very strict in their enforcement of their rules and laws, (bogus or not) What these people don't realize is that when they continually disobey the rules of these races, they are jeopardizing everyone's privilege to enjoy these races. It's a shame to be racing your heart out on a whoop section, only to see someone else cutting the course and pass you up. I know that you are very short handed, and do your best, and I am offering my services as an enforcement officer for your races. I have been riding and racing for 31 years and seeing the layout of a course, I can scope out areas where a rider would be tempted to cut the course. I don't have all of the answers, but if we can penalize a majority of the violators it may cut down on it. It only takes one time to be caught by a Gov't agency and ruin all the fun. I also have a couple of friends that are a part of Trail Menace that are willing to offer their services for registration and enforcement. I see a great thing here with these grand prixs and I want to see your continuing success in these events.

Please e-mail me and let me know if I can help

Rdnkruss5@aol.com

Once again, we had a great time. We stayed Friday night at the Econo-Lodge in Mojave and arrived at the S/F just before sunrise Saturday morning.

I was wishing I had brought a jacket or sweatshirt this trip, it was a bit chilly Saturday morning.

The wind was light for the parade lap so the dust was bad, but tolerable. The sunrise was 'In Your Face' on one long section of course. With the dust and glare it was looking pretty grim. Tilting the helmet visor was no help. Then just after the start, the winds picked up a bit and of course the sun rose higher in the sky.

We were using our new Motocomm GRMS helmet radio system during the race. These kept us in contact on just about all areas of the course.

We are looking forward to Cal City GP#5 in October. :thumbsup:

N6VMO did you run 40+ if so I followed you for the first half of the first lap before quads got inbetween us and I droped back. Thanks for the tail light in the dust!

You were warned about those blue bikes cause riders to devolp black and blue spots on their bodys. Hey at least the bike is no longer a virgin.

I sucked....couldn't get any kinda "flow" going. Coulda been the 3 hours of sleep, I was tired before I even started the race. Only got 5 laps in.

i did terrible as well, the dust was very bad, did almost 20 miles less than the last race out there in the same amount of time.

N6VMO did you run 40+ if so I followed you for the first half of the first lap before quads got inbetween us and I droped back. Thanks for the tail light in the dust!

Yes, I ran in the 40 Nov class with #435. But, my headlight and taillight are disconnected. So you may not have been following me. I want all the power going to the rear tire. :applause:

Anyway, I believe that no one followed me for very long before passing me. :ride:

My only highlight of the day was to leave all but one of 40+ group in the dust at the starting line. Check out the 40+ start photos #23, 24, 25 and 26. That's me second from the left.

After that, I think a desert tortoise or two fly by me on the second whoop section. I have a race protest filed against them because they cut the course to pass me.:thumbsup:

We want to thank everyone for showing up and having a good time. Did we really meet at 4 a.m.? How about that sunrise? When was the last time you were in full-gear watching the sun come up? That was awesome!

Bad vibes: There were a few who didn't listen to our instructions during the Rider's Meeting and used unmarked trails next to the course. We'll be taking care of that problem for the next event. Fortunately, there were no Fish and Game or biologist around the areas of concern.

We're happy to report that we've received a very good report from the biologist and it's being sent to the City, County and Federal Gov.

You'll also be happy to know that GP #5 will start at 10 a.m. and maybe even 11:00 a.m., Saturday, October 21. Yes, it will be a much more technical course. Get ready for it.

We're already working on our 2007 schedule. Does anyone have an idea what the 2007 D37 dates will be? If so, e-mail them to us or post them here.

Thanks.

Lou Peralta

lou@bomotorsports.net

Sorry. Don't seem to find it on the D37 website. Maybe I'm missing something.

At the top of the D37 home page on the left. roll over the off road button and click on the "off road home". The 2007 calendar will come up.