Sign in to follow this  

rear shock question

search funtion is currently disabled(high web traffic) my question, if i tighten the rear shock to minimized bottoming out off jumps will this lower my seat height?

i think tightening the rear shock will raise the bike. i could be wrong. i say this because my friend loosened his shock so he could toucht he ground.

yeah alex your right after tightening the shock almost all the way i can only touch on my tippie toes were as before i was flat footed with a little bend in the knees...

i think tightening the rear shock will raise the bike. i could be wrong. i say this because my friend loosened his shock so he could toucht he ground.

Tightening or loosening the rear shock doesn't lower or raise the rear end of the bike. If you tighten it, it's giving you less sag, so in your head you might think it raised it, but all it did was made it stiffer and so when you go to sit on it, the rear end of the bike doesn't drop down so much. Then when you loosen the rear shock, the rear end will drop down more, so in your head you think it lowered it, but overall it doesnt raise the bike or lower the bike any.