Sign in to follow this  

South phoenix, Mesa/ Gilbert etc???

I'm heading from Utah to AZ Mesa/gilbert area at the end of this week. Will be in AZ for about two months. I bought my bike at the beginning of the summer, and have been steadily progressing. I want to get fast, and two months off will kill my momentum and progression. So... I'm bringing my bike. Trying to get the skinny on some good tracks and/or desert riding in the area(as close as possible). Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

mile markers out in the gold canyon area if you want flat and basic other wise

try upper and lower sycamore or four peaks. all good areas. send me a pm and

ill show you around if interested......

brian

ET Motopark would be the closest track, if your in the mesa gilbert area. From this end of the valley all the other tracks are an hour plus away. PM me and we can try ET. Also for desert riding you may want to look up "Desert Wells".

Bill

I agree either Sycamore, or 4 peaks.

A place for easy riding is Desert Wells recreation area.

Google Desert Wells, AZ. Should return a PDF file for a decent map.

Son and I rode from Gate 1 all the way to Gate 8 and back.

Nothing to technical but a great ride.

Single track in north scottsdale/cave creek area are some of the best in the country imo. ET motopark is good for beginners. They have an easy old guy/beginner track. There are 2 local moto websites. One is mostly motocross and the other is mostly offroad. Google them they should come up.

Thanks for all the input, I've got directions to each of the places listed here. Which of the areas (if any) would be more open style, faster riding... kinda moto oriented, natural jumps etc?

Thanks again.

I'll be at ET Sunday morning. Blue toyota tundra, 50th anniv edition yz250f #46. I'll be pitted near the vet track.

Bill