Sign in to follow this  

Whats the best way to store it long term?

I will not be able to ride the ol girl for 1 to 1-1/2 years. The bike has less than 30hrs on it. What is the best way to store it long term?? I have changed all fluids, drained gas tank and drained carb. Anything else? should I fog it? I want it to be fresh and good when I can ride again

thanks

i will be corrected if i am wrong... but i thought i herd some where to fill the engine and tranny side all the way to the top... then when your back or whatever the case may be drain all out and refill to the level you normally run at.

Id sell it, if its gonna sit why have it.. Not trying to be rude or anything, get a new one when your ready too ride agai :thumbsup:

Id sell it, if its gonna sit why have it.. Not trying to be rude or anything, get a new one when your ready too ride agai :thumbsup:

This is the best solution. Sell it. Buy a brand new one when youre ready...Keep your gear...its always fun to ride in stuff thats completely out of style :ride:

I will not be able to ride the ol girl for 1 to 1-1/2 years. The bike has less than 30hrs on it. What is the best way to store it long term?? I have changed all fluids, drained gas tank and drained carb. Anything else? should I fog it? I want it to be fresh and good when I can ride again

thanks

just ship it to me. i'll take care of it till your ready. :thumbsup:

I would sell it. I sold mine when I had to stop ridding for 2 years. You will not take the depreciation on it that way. :thumbsup:

DRAIN FUEL AND CARB, PUT MARVELS MYSTERY OIL OR EQUAL IN CARB [ TO KEEP THE GASKETS FROM DRYING UP] AND CYLNDER [TO KEEP IT FROM RUSTING AND/OR SEIZING.

We 'WINTERIZE' BOATS THIS WAY AND IT IS COMMON TO STORE AUTOS THIS WAY WHEN AWAY TO WAR, PRISON, HELL, ETC.

ROCK