what sould i do?

In other words it won't idle? Is there an idle adjustment screw on the carb? If there isn't, then screw the throttle cable adjuster (where the cable goes into the throttle tube) out a little.

I have a 95 CR250 too, I brought the idle up some but it still always wanted to die when I let off the throttle. I just added a flywheel weight to mine and it now idles for a short time but long enough to fix goggles or whatever. My friends 93 does the exact same thing and now he is thinking about getting the flywheel weight for his. Makes riding the real technical stuff much easier too without getting the dreaded armpump.

Dauntae

In other words it won't idle? Is there an idle adjustment screw on the carb? If there isn't, then screw the throttle cable adjuster (where the cable goes into the throttle tube) out a little.

DO NOT adjust your idle with the cable, it needs a small amount of play. Your bike has a Keihin PJ carb which has NO idle screw, only an air screw. The idle is adjusted by rotating the choke knob. If you don't already own a repair manual, it's the best money you'll ever spend.

DO NOT adjust your idle with the cable, it needs a small amount of play. Your bike has a Keihin PJ carb which has NO idle screw, only an air screw. The idle is adjusted by rotating the choke knob. If you don't already own a repair manual, it's the best money you'll ever spend.

Right on the money. My '94 CR250 was exactly the same. I replaced the choke tower with a new one, moved the needle clip to center, and run Yamalube 2R at 50:1 with 94 octane from the Amoco/BP pump. Stock jetting, air screw at 1 1/2 turns out. This has been my setup for eight years, with no problems...NONE. Doesn't foul plugs, exhaust valve stays cleaner longer....runs great and idles like a champ.

Oh, and when I originally made these changes/adjustments I also pulled the pipe (PC w/shorty) and used my propane torch (carefully) to burn out a ton of crud that was built up inside the pipe...the previous owner was a helluva rider, but lacked mechanical abilities (he had the air screw backed out SIX turns). I'm riding at 1000-3000 ft. elevation, high humidity.