Sign in to follow this  

New Handlebars

Is putting on new bars as simple as it seems? Just take off the clutch mount, killswitch mount, front brake assembly, throttle assembly. Then take off the bolts, pull the bars, put the new bars on and line them up with the dots and print on the bars, and then reinsert the bolts?

Am I missing anything? Never done it before so I just figured thats all you need to do. Is it right?

You got it... tighten the bolts in a criss-cross pattern.

From what alot of others say, and even the manual i think, as far as tightening the bolts go, you should tighten the front bolts first (the ones closest to the front plate) and then the rear bolts. But at worst just make sure they are tightened evenly.

From what alot of others say, and even the manual i think, as far as tightening the bolts go, you should tighten the front bolts first (the ones closest to the front plate) and then the rear bolts. But at worst just make sure they are tightened evenly.

Adam is correct, you do not criss cross the bolts. You tighten the front bolts down to the proper torque spec (the ones next to the front number plate), then the rear bolts to their torque spec because there is a slight gap on the rear side allowing the clamps enough room to grip the bar better if you tighten those rear bolts AFTER the front bolts are tightened - RTFM.