Sign in to follow this  

staggs billet oil cooler doesnt fit

Im trying to install the oil cooler and i ran into a problem..... have a lifan 120cc.....any ideas?

img2786ze4.jpg

img2787ti6.jpg

If the oil guide does not fit then just break out the dremel. It should fit, is it bottoming out on the cam bearing??

Does this mean that I shouldn't order one for my Sikk MX? :thumbsup:

My problem on my Zongshen was similar only it was one of the bolt holes and oil holes did not line up.

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

Im trying to install the oil cooler and i ran into a problem..... have a lifan 120cc.....any ideas?

img2786ze4.jpg

img2787ti6.jpg

Find some washers or a metal plate with a hole drilled in it , that's at least the same thickness as the spigot on the stock Lifan plate and then put them over the spigot on the Staggs oil cooler adaptor . Then file it down level to the same height as the Lifan spigot . The washers or plate will help you to keep it level to the gasket surface and get the thickness right and also prevent damage to the gasket surfaces if you slip with the grinder or file , then chamfer the sharp edges off the spigot . You should do a neat job and have no problems that way !

doesnt matter any more....my bike got stolen last night along with the oil cooler plate.....

btw....its been stolen from so cali area.....black plastics..(no front plate plastics or front shrouds)....crf 50 based 12/10 wheels...lifan motor...missing stator cover..and only has the oil cooler plate with the 2 hoses attached.....please be on the look out...thank for the help guys

i have no clue...the garage was open in the morning...when i was about to head out to work........ no one said they left the garage door open... :thumbsup:

Did any of your neighbor's hear anything or see a truck?How far can you walk a pitbike without being seen even at night?What part of SoCal?I'll keep a eye out up here in the A.V.

im near pasadena area...los angeles county....and this isnt the first time i got jacked....i been jacked so many times its not even funny

i have no clue...the garage was open in the morning...when i was about to head out to work........ no one said they left the garage door open... :thumbsup:

My bikes are stored in my garage, but as an extra measure, I chain them down. Probably in the last year, we have accidently left the garage open some 3-4 times. It just happpens.

doesnt matter any more....my bike got stolen last night along with the oil cooler plate.....

btw....its been stolen from so cali area.....black plastics..(no front plate plastics or front shrouds)....crf 50 based 12/10 wheels...lifan motor...missing stator cover..and only has the oil cooler plate with the 2 hoses attached.....please be on the look out...thank for the help guys

That sucks,I had some low lifes try to get in to my garage a couple months ago,but they didn't get in I had my door riged.I installed some cameras and I now let my two rottweilers run my garage at night.I also chain my bikes to the concrete.I think if they try again my dogs will keep them buisy enough for me to get the shotgun and head out there to shoot them.We have alot of low income people coming in from chicago so the burgluries are on the rise.Nothing worse than scumbags trying to take somthing you work your ass of for,I hate thieves.Hope you find your bike and the scumbag that took it.

Depends on what size zongshen you have I guess.

LIFAN AND ZONGSHEN 125'S WITH 54MM BORE AND 54MM STROKE "YOU" MUST DREMEL/FILE/CUT OUT TOP MOUNT HOLE SEE PICTURE... YOU MUST ALSO USE OUR O/C/PLATE/OEM COVER/ADAPTOR PLATE..

Depends on what size zongshen you have I guess.

LIFAN AND ZONGSHEN 125'S WITH 54MM BORE AND 54MM STROKE "YOU" MUST DREMEL/FILE/CUT OUT TOP MOUNT HOLE SEE PICTURE... YOU MUST ALSO USE OUR O/C/PLATE/OEM COVER/ADAPTOR PLATE..

I have a zongshen 125. so the staggs oil cooler will hook right up to that??