Sign in to follow this  

Reality of Speed (DV 12)

I was watching and interview with David Vuillemin and heard something about reality of speed tv show portraying him badly. Since we dont get that programme hear, can someone please tell me what they are on about.

That show portrayed him for the amount of time that he was racing Supercross for the BooKoo Holigan team. He didn't get along well with the management there, and the editors of the show (IMO) of course blew it up, and kind of did make DV look like an a**hole. They made it look like he was being difficult, and always causing arguments. The team and him just never saw eye-to-eye. He only had a "Supercross only" season contract with them anyways, so he was not planning on racing outdoors with that team anyway I believe. I hear that DV is not quite the jerk that the show portrayed him to be.

I have not seen that show in a while, and I do miss it! It also took a look into BooKoo's other riders (Justin Keeney, Steve Boniface, Josh Demuth, etc.)

That show portrayed him for the amount of time that he was racing Supercross for the BooKoo Holigan team. He didn't get along well with the management there, and the editors of the show (IMO) of course blew it up, and kind of did make DV look like an a**hole. They made it look like he was being difficult, and always causing arguments. The team and him just never saw eye-to-eye. He only had a "Supercross only" season contract with them anyways, so he was not planning on racing outdoors with that team anyway I believe. I hear that DV is not quite the jerk that the show portrayed him to be.

I have not seen that show in a while, and I do miss it! It also took a look into BooKoo's other riders (Justin Keeney, Steve Boniface, Josh Demuth, etc.)

Thanks alot, the media can be cruel. I thought it was so funny when he rode up the muddy hill at Millville while Stewart and Reed were stuck. When he got to th etop and waved his hand it was classic!

He never exercised, went around the track 4 laps at a time in practice, and his mechanic said the cookie monster jumped on his back halfway through the races!

I did watch the show regularly....and DV was not one of my favorite riders and this program only confirmed what I felt. The way the show was edited it did appear to be some what bias but, DV still had to to be himself and that was in IMHO a lazy, argumentitive, arrogant, primadonna. His mechanic even quit the team because he didn't want to work for a rider who would not train or practice. He had to work his way through last chance qualifiers, didn't make a couple of mains and finished like a spode mostof the time. This combined with his lack of personal effort caused him and the team to part ways.

Bill

I thought it was so funny when he rode up the muddy hill at Millville while Stewart and Reed were stuck. When he got to th etop and waved his hand it was classic!
Haha!! That is classic! I'm sorry I missed that! :thumbsup:

I did watch the show regularly....and DV was not one of my favorite riders and this program only confirmed what I felt. The way the show was edited it did appear to be some what bias but, DV still had to to be himself and that was in IMHO a lazy, argumentitive, arrogant, primadonna. His mechanic even quit the team because he didn't want to work for a rider who would not train or practice. He had to work his way through last chance qualifiers, didn't make a couple of mains and finished like a spode mostof the time. This combined with his lack of personal effort caused him and the team to part ways.

Bill

Well, IMO... of course you are going to act that way if you are not happy with your team, or management. If you're not happy, you're un-motivated, and can be careless. Humans are like that. Of course he didn't want to work hard for a team that he did not get along with, and cared less for him. There was no inspiration for him to practice right, ride tough, etc etc.

I think this can be proven in the fact that DV is riding fairly well in the outdoor season with his new team. (no doubt and of course on a Yamaha now... haha, sorry just had to get that in there)

Go #12... :thumbsup:

well if you look like an a-hole on camera enough for them to fill a season of reality TV then i think theirs no denying you have a good amount of a-hole tendencies. guys r forgetting he is french afterall......

Did anyone else see those two awesome lines DV took at Millville? :thumbsup:

Well, IMO... of course you are going to act that way if you are not happy with your team, or management. If you're not happy, you're un-motivated, and can be careless. Humans are like that. Of course he didn't want to work hard for a team that he did not get along with, and cared less for him. There was no inspiration for him to practice right, ride tough, etc etc.

I think this can be proven in the fact that DV is riding fairly well in the outdoor season with his new team. (no doubt and of course on a Yamaha now... haha, sorry just had to get that in there)

Go #12... :thumbsup:

The manager tried contless times to reason with DV and asked him countless times what he needed from them to start trying, on camera. It looked like they were willing to bend over backwards for him. If you got a guy on your team that could get a top 5 every week, if he tried, you would do anything to get him what he wanted. However the rider has to add his part to the mix and it seemed that he was unwilling to do that. His mechanic left, that says alot about the rider, on TV or off. What about the riders that replaced him at the end, josh demuth and the other guy (not sure who the other guy was) but at vegas they both did very well with top 10 finishes. I dont think it was the team.