Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400 Supermoto EXHAUST

Hi everyone, im buying an 06 DRZ 400 supermoto, and the first thing i would like to do is change the exhaust, does anyone know what brand and model is the best one to boy??? Thank you :thumbsup:

Most like either Yoshimura or Muzzy. I just posted a Yoshimura RS3 stainless complete system in the classifieds, with pics so it should actually take a while to post. I have the RS3 on my bike and it runs great. I took out the Tec insert and it it LOUD, but I can put it back in whenever I want, which is never.

Thanx, Question... then what about all those brands out there? you would think that the more exp$$$$$$$ ones would be the best one! how wrong i was. Thanx again for the info, ohh what about jetting?? how can i get the mot power out of the 400 and keep it reliable? :thumbsup:

You will find on this forum, the most extensive database for the DRZ 400 than any where else in the world. Suzuki doesn't know half the stuff that we have found out about the bike. There is a very important and useful feature for helping you locate all kinds of information, it's called the "Search this forum" feature. Just click the link and type in a key word or phrase and you will get the most recent to oldest results for that particular search.

True there are many brands out there and some are way more expensive than others, but Eddie aka burned, has done many hours of research in some specific areas. One of those areas was a pipe "Shoot out" to see which pipe produced the most power, via a Dynograph machine. The king of Power is the Yoshi Ti full system, the RS3 came in right under it with almost 1.5 hp less power production. For the hard core, want all I can get out of it fanatic, get the Yoshi TRS full, for just a regular aftermarket exhaust that will give you much better performance than stock, get the Muzzy or Yoshi RS3.

As for Jetting and reliability, well the DRZ is a tractor. That said, there is little you can do to affect the reliability of the machine. With a properly set up big bore, stroker and FCR carb the DRZ can make well over 55 HP, with excellent reliability. So use the search feature and dig into the meatiest information database for the DRZ, on the planet.

Once agin Thank You so much, i had no idea that people here were this helpfull. i Think i will go with that Yoshi TRS full.

Mind you that you will need a properly tuned FCR carb to get the maximum benifit of the Pipe. Great chioce with the Ti system, the Titanium turns a nice color blue after a couple of heat phases.

who makes the carb? do you know how much and where i can get one?