Sign in to follow this  

What other wheels will fit an 01 400?

Looking for a spare set of wheels for my 400, so I can get a set of more road oriented tires. Every time a set goes on ebay every moron in the world bids on them from the get go and by the time the auction is half over the price is already huge.

What other rims will fit onto the 400 without hassle?

Some guy on the weekend told me that cr250 wheels will fit, but I am pretty sure that cr's have different sized wheels than us?

I use CB250R wheels; rear disk is perfect; front disk needs an aluminium spacer to move the calipurs further from the original position and closer to the wheel. You might have to grind off the moulding ridges on the front calipurs if they are there. You will also need to grind off the u-shaped thingy on the inside of the rear swing arm (to which you slot the chainguard) because the rear tyre is nice and wide. You will have to make some small modifications to the chainguard because it no longer has the u-shaped thingy (I think that is the official honda part name for it) to slot onto.

Speedometer drive fitting is the same.

You will also have to take a few mm off the spacers cuz the XR has a narrower axle than the CB. You will probably also have to consider a new chain as the CB250R comes with a 35 or 38 tooth rear as standard (I think). Will count the teeth if you want. Also will post pictures if you want.

Your speedo will be out of whack by about 20% (over-reading).

Meatbomb.........

As much as I appreciate the info...the cb250 was never sold in Canada!

:thumbsup:

You guys get all sorts of cool stuff that never makes it to noirth american shores.