Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know of a fairing for an xr400

Hey guys, I am thinking of making a fairing (or buying if able) for my xr400. I am thinking something like what is on the Gs650's. Any idears...

Thanks Chris, I like that one and I think it would work. I appreciate the reply.

Find one you like at a cycle salvage and modifiy it to fit your bike. That Cee Bailey Add-On one doesn't look like it would be the best solution for speeds above 30mph IMHO. If the XR-400 headlight/number plate attaches anything like the XR-650R, the thing moves around enough as it is. If you add that much more surface area too it, I think that you'll find the air pushes on it too much... Especially at higher speeds. If you are just going to add some plexiglass like the Cee Bailey, you could do it for a lot less by fabing your own.

I just got off the phone with national cycle and they said that because a growing demand for d/s bikes they are going to start test fitting some d/s bikes. They said to call back in a week to see if they got the results. They suggested a shield called the deflector. It mounts to the bars in two spots. Looks to be a possible solution. try, http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/deflectorScreens.html

I had one of them on my NightHawk, way back in the day,,, not bad, but ya gotta play with it alot to get rid off the buffetting. BTW I was considering getting one also back then you could get clear or smoke tint.