Sign in to follow this  

KLX250s Counter Sprocket

Have a friend who owns this bike and we are coming up empty handed trying to find a 13 tooth counter sprocket. Can you guys give me some leads or part numbers?

This will NOT work on the S model without shimming up between the case seal and sprocket. The factory sprocket has a shoulder where this one does not. Found the exact fit at pbisprockets.com in aluminum, 13 tooth. :thumbsup:

This will NOT work on the S model without shimming up between the case seal and sprocket. The factory sprocket has a shoulder where this one does not. Found the exact fit at pbisprockets.com in aluminum, 13 tooth. :thumbsup:

See if they have a hardened steel one. An aluminum Countershaft sproket will not last long at all. As a matter of fact, I've never even seen an aluminum CS sproket, although I'm sure they are out there. Aluminum rear sprokets - for sure, but everyone uses hardened steel CS sprokets.

Hi guys

The bike_pilot was asking the question for me. He was trying to help me out. I did, however find the correct one at PBI sprocket. It look like aluminum, so told him it was, without looking closer, but it is nickel coated. When I started looking for a counter sprocket Renthal said they had, but it was not the right one. I called them (Renthal) they said they did not think they would make one. Another person suggested PBI sprockets. I have read most of the threads on Kawasaki forums. I have read Deej's post also. I have done most of all mods on the post.

Grateful_Rider

Well said, get over here and have all your questions answered, and maybe even a few answers questioned LOL :applause:

www.kawasakiforums.com

That would polute my Husqvarna'ness! :ride: Go to a Kawasaki forum? :applause: I'll leave that to Grateful_rider! Thanks for stepin' in Mr G_R! :thumbsup: