air filter

The stock filter is fairly restrictive. On a YZ250 changing from the stock filter to the UNI filter was noticeable. And we had two new 06's side by side, one with a UNI and one with a stocker... it was noticable that the bike with the UNI was more powerful.

On a 125 however, I am not sure if the 125 demands enough intake that the stock filter becomes an issue of restriction... But I wouldnt take any chances and I didnt on my wifes YZ125, before we even rode it I junked the stock filter.

I wish I was a good enough rider to be able to tell the difference between filters

It doesnt take a great rider to go WOT. When you have two identical bikes side by side, both are brand new, both have the same fuel but one performs better than the other. And the only difference is one has a stock filter and one has a UNI ?

I have been using K&N for many years. They make a nice upgrade. If I can find my old dyno sheets I will post them. My bikes always made more power and increased throttle response with the K&N. I have also seen gains with Uni.

It doesnt take a great rider to go WOT. When you have two identical bikes side by side, both are brand new, both have the same fuel but one performs better than the other. And the only difference is one has a stock filter and one has a UNI ?

Did the two riders weight EXACTLY the same?

You had to ask LoL. ?

The two riders where both me and my brother which is actually my twin brother (handle on this board is ModMotoMan). Yes we do both weight about the same. But even then, just seat in the pants will tell you which one performed better, at least thats all it took us.

We both rode both bikes and we both noticed it right off hand. The stock filter chokes the bikes top-end power and seems to also soften some of the overall thrust by just a small amount.

OK I wish I had two brand new YZ250's to actually get two see If I could tell the difference.