Utah Riders: Hobble Creek to Diamond Fork Saturday?

Just sent you both a PM with some ride info. I'm thinking a 9:30 start time would be nice. The weather should be outstanding. Rain forcast for Friday afternoon, followed by a high in the valley on Saturday of 88 degrees. So, maybe high 70's, very low 80's at the top of the mountain. Nice.

David, Brandon, Danny, Chris, Dan, Dave, British-Friend (can never remember your name duh!)... you guys ride those $7K dollar bikes anymore? Don't give me any of that, "my wife needs me to clean the kitchen nonsense" LOL.

David --- If the rest of the guys here are up to it, I'd say let's start at 8:00am. 6 hours covering 70 miles should be do-able and would get you back to the truck at 2:00pm... and there are plenty of bail-outs if things get out of hand timewise. Who knows, maybe someone will forget to tighten up their cylinder base bolts??

Those that needs their beauty sleep and wants to join us a 9:00am could meet us at Kirkman Hollow??

Anybody have any thoughts?

I suggest we all meet at the gas station (over the interstate on the left hand side) just off the second southbound Springville I-15 exit.... an 8:00am ride means we meet around 7:30am at the gas station.

Mileage, I'd say around 70 miles. I always pack a little gas just in case, but then again I'm on a 2 stroke that gobbles it up. The terrain is mixed with mostly "B" level singletrack trails with a few "A" level obsticles like switchbacks and gnarly rocks. Bring your big-boy pants for those.

If that's too early, Kirkman Hollow is the best place to catch-up to the group. This would cut about 25 miles off the total ride. We'll be at the top of Kirkman around 9:00am and can buzz down to the bottom to meet anybody who'd prefer to start later in the day. Be sure to send me a PM if this is what you want to do... I can send instructions or better yet give you a call to describe the location.

Eric

Well the best thing for a new bike is to bring it to the trailhead. I'd be happy to give it a workout. That way you can enjoy the ride vicarously.

You know, KTM suspension is really stiff just out of the crate. The first ride on my 300 nearly killed me. I was riding Cherry Creek, minding my own business, enjoying the scenery, and all of sudden the rear hits a rock the wrong way and the bike does an instant complete 180... and I'm looking directly at the rider behind me. Everything puckered and I went down in the fetal position. Rocks, trees, other riders, somehow I missed them all and got off lucky. Nothing broken. Knock on wood.

We'll be doing plenty of fall riding. Rest up and get well, so you can join us.

Well the best thing for a new bike is to bring it to the trailhead. I'd be happy to give it a workout. That way you can enjoy the ride vicarously.

You know, KTM suspension is really stiff just out of the crate. The first ride on my 300 nearly killed me. I was riding Cherry Creek, minding my own business, enjoying the scenery, and all of sudden the rear hits a rock the wrong way and the bike does an instant complete 180... and I'm looking directly at the rider behind me. Everything puckered and I went down in the fetal position. Rocks, trees, other riders, somehow I missed them all and got off lucky. Nothing broken. Knock on wood.

We'll be doing plenty of fall riding. Rest up and get well, so you can join us.

Excuse my hi-jack

Sounds like the same thing happened to me, but I suspect the GPR may have been set up high - making the bike react even worse. Unfortunately, it sent me flying head first into the HARD ground.

I was thoroughly enjoying the new ride and it felt awesome. Soooo much better than the DRZ. ? I can't wait to get back on it.

Maybe I will bump in to you along the ride somewhere. I am taking my two oldest sons down to ride portions of the Arapeen ATV trail system Thursday and Friday. I am thinking of stopping in the Diamond Fork area on the way home Saturday and ride 5th Water and parts of the Center Trail. I am still learning my way around that area and haven't totally figured out your 70 mile ride and whether I can handle it all or not. A few sections of Center trail are at about my technical limit.

So if you see an old duffer on a crf250x and his sons on a crf230 and drz400, wave as you zoom by ?

I may join you all as well. 8am is a bit early for me but I guess it wouldn't kill me given the fact that I have to be back up in PC for a wedding at 5. Plus I haven't ridden with any of you guys for a couple years.

Bart