Sign in to follow this  

As of now...looking like BR this Sunday...again...LOL...

Anybody else interested? I figure I would try and get a good day in because the following weekend is Labor day and is probably out and the next weekend I will be in Maryland for a Disaster Recovery Excercise :ride:

In any case,, barring weather, I will be there at the usual time. Let me know if anybody else is in :thumbsup:

Why do you have to go all the way to Maryland to do jumping jacks with a Hazmat suit on? Can't you find that kind of thing in the basement of a bar in Hammond? :thumbsup:

Why do you have to go all the way to Maryland to do jumping jacks with a Hazmat suit on? Can't you find that kind of thing in the basement of a bar in Hammond? :thumbsup:

LOL!!

That would be an IT Disaster Recovery (you know..."Puters")....not a Hazmat DR

And without question, I could find that in a basement bar in Hammond....sounds like you have experienced it, hehe. I live in Munster anyway...we are too snobby to go to Hammond!!

So you riding or what?

Smudge has an IT but I don't think it's a disaster.

So you riding or what?

I rode today already. Right now I'm 'or whatting.'

I'm out, Wife's birthday on Sunday. Labor day weekend is the Joliet race, and the following weekend is the TT ride. No Buffalo for me until the end of Sept. YAAAHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm out, Wife's birthday on Sunday. Labor day weekend is the Joliet race, and the following weekend is the TT ride. No Buffalo for me until the end of Sept. YAAAHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

hehehe....You are one lucky SOB :thumbsup:

I may just go to Kingsbury MX this weekened to try something different.

Oh...I should have my CRF250R by the third week of September so.......maybe I will do Joliet with you too. :ride:

How far is that from The Crossings MX near Valparaiso, IN? :thumbsup::ride:

hehehe....You are one lucky SOB :thumbsup:

Oh...I should have my CRF250R by the third week of September so.......maybe I will do Joliet with you too. :ride:

Don't be afraid to step up to the big boy's bike. :applause::applause:

How far is that from The Crossings MX near Valparaiso, IN? :thumbsup::ride:
Wasn't that the place that closed?

I might be out there Saturday....Buffalo that is. I don't know where this Crossings MX place is :thumbsup:

Don't be afraid to step up to the big boy's bike. :applause::applause:

LOL...I knew I would get crap for getting the 250...... :ride:

I am secure enough in my "manhood" to ride one, LOL :applause::applause:

I am sure the 250 will be more than adequate........I can always move up :thumbsup:

I might be out there Saturday....Buffalo that is. I don't know where this Crossings MX place is :thumbsup:

I thin it is in Valporaiso, IN

LOL...I knew I would get crap for getting the 250...... :ride:

I am secure enough in my "manhood" to ride one, LOL :applause::applause:

I am sure the 250 will be more than adequate........I can always move up :thumbsup:

Just remember, bigger IS better.

I think you're making the right decision CRFan1 :thumbsup:

I think you will have way more fun on the 250F then you would on a 450. I've only ridden a 250F a few times but they are a blast to ride. It's the perfect mix of being both fun AND easy to ride.

450's are easy to ride, but not that much fun to me. :ride:

Wasn't that the place that closed?

I believe you may be right. I think I remembered hearing that THE CROSSINGS MX near VALPARAISO, IN did indeed close.

How so?

It's kind of hard to explain. On a 450 there is so much available power that you can make mistakes and not have to worry about not clearing the jump or coming out of the turn quick enough. The sheer power of the bike will make up for it.

The power is so smooth that it's almost boring to ride in my opinion. You don't get that awesome snap that a 250 2-stroke gives you.

Unfortunately, a 250 2-stroke is a blast to ride, but not as fun to race. As more and more guys get on 450's the lines at the tracks are starting to change. Four strokes can put their power down smoothly and you don't have to rely so much on throttle control where on a 2 stroke you have to be careful and pick your lines carefully.

When everyone was talking about great roll on power on this bike or that bike on Saturday, I was thinking, "I don't even like that!" I like the surge of power that will make you respect the bike.

I guess the 450's let you rely a lot more on the bike and not so much on skill. For some, that's a good thing. I personally like to rely on skill and talent more than horsepower.

I guess it's much more mental on a big bore cuz you can't let yourself get lazy. If you really wanted to, you could just sit back and rely on the motor. But if you really want to fly you need to use the power in the right way and push yourself to work with the bike and make it do what you want it to do, not just be a passenger.

That being said, you should really buy my bike so I can get one of these turds! :thumbsup::ride:

It's kind of hard to explain. On a 450 there is so much available power that you can make mistakes and not have to worry about not clearing the jump or coming out of the turn quick enough. The sheer power of the bike will make up for it.

The power is so smooth that it's almost boring to ride in my opinion. You don't get that awesome snap that a 250 2-stroke gives you.

Unfortunately, a 250 2-stroke is a blast to ride, but not as fun to race. As more and more guys get on 450's the lines at the tracks are starting to change. Four strokes can put their power down smoothly and you don't have to rely so much on throttle control where on a 2 stroke you have to be careful and pick your lines carefully.

When everyone was talking about great roll on power on this bike or that bike on Saturday, I was thinking, "I don't even like that!" I like the surge of power that will make you respect the bike.

I guess the 450's let you rely a lot more on the bike and not so much on skill. For some, that's a good thing. I personally like to rely on skill and talent more than horsepower.

I guess it's much more mental on a big bore cuz you can't let yourself get lazy. If you really wanted to, you could just sit back and rely on the motor. But if you really want to fly you need to use the power in the right way and push yourself to work with the bike and make it do what you want it to do, not just be a passenger.

Well put :thumbsup: