Sign in to follow this  

Chadwick, MO ride over Labor Day

Several of us from the KC area will be down at Chadwick over Labor Day. I'll be there late Friday night and will ride Saturday and till late afternoon on Sunday before heading back home.

Come down and join us.

Rick

Rick -- I've got a couple friends going down there, but I will be in Cole Camp cutting the last section of trail and getting everything arrowed, ribboned and run in for the BJEC race there the following weekend.

Tell your buddies if they see a 2003 KTM 250exe with number 393 and the purple K-State Powercat on the front number plate to holler at me.

We will be camping out in the RV park area.

Will do... as long as you come check out the enduro near Cole Camp on the 17th.

Its gonna be a whole weekend of fun, Steve Levain is putting on riding seminar on saturday before the kids race and the race is on sunday. If you like the single track at Chadwick, you'll dig this place.

I can give you a one on one Enduro Newbie Time Keeping seminar on saturday afternoon and let you use some of my time keeping equipment if you show up.

I've got a buddy from my work coming down too, you guys could get a row together. You and him are about equal speed, so it'd be a hoot for you guys.

This sounds good to me.... maybe we can get together for a ride..

Are you referring to Cobb Ridge as the RV area?

mw,

Thank you, Cobb Ridge was the day time area I couldn't think of. My friend will be parking his RV in the newer RV area at Cobb Ridge. I have a 2002 Red F250 4x4 crewcab Powerstroke with a silver Fox and KTM sticker in the rear window and KTM Talk on the rear license plate on the truck. My bike is a 2003 KTM 250 exe with #393 on the side plates and a purple K-State Power Cat on the front number plate.

Look forward to meeting you on the trails.

Rick

is it pretty crowed on labor day weekend ? and can you show me all the trails that dont get used by quads?

Rick, I am planning on heading down Thursday evening..... We normally try to get the first loop to the left (sites 31,32,33 I think). I have a red Chevy crew cab diesel and pull a Wilderness toy hauler. My bike is a 06 KTM 450, no numbers, but it does have plenty character scratches....

is it pretty crowed on labor day weekend ? and can you show me all the trails that dont get used by quads?

Blaster - My son & I spent a week down at Chadwick a few weeks back... We did not run into too many quads on the trails at Chadwick. In fact, I am not sure that we did... We typically ride 115, 127, 126, etc... There is also some single track. However, most of the single track is not marked, so you cannot or should not ride it......

It seems most of the quads stick to the more easy trails like 101, 102, 105, etc... Even when we have ran into them, the majority have been respectful of the land and the other riders...... Of course, there is the occasional group of :thumbsup:

Once in awhile I'll run across some quad riders, but not that many. Most of pretty friendly and will move over. The ones I hate are the ones that stop in the middle of the trail on a blind corner and pull up to each other and end up blocking the whole trail.

Last year it wasn't really that bad over Labor Day weekend.

well look ya up were coming up fri night also 21 ft wander toybox .hopefully there will still be a couple of elec. sights left.

My buddy Chris likes the trailer camp sites in the 30's at Cobb Ridge.

I have a 2002 F250 4x4 Powestroke crewcab with KTM Talk on the rear license plate andmy 2003 KTM 250exe has #393 on my sideplates with a K-State Powercat on my front number plate.

Come join us for a Saturday evening cookout.

Rick

looked for you, but didnt see you until we were pulling out sunday 12:30 you were coming in to camp as we were leaving. my buddy broke his clutch line on his 525 so we went home early.

Sorry I missed ya and sorry to hear about the 525.

If your ever in the KC area again, shoot me a message and we can hook up another ride.

Hey Rick, have the leaves on the trees started turning yet at Chadwick? I sure would like to do a ride somewhere this month. Gas prices coming down means it's time to get outa town. Provided you have some dry weather. Don't like riding Chadwick when it's wet.

Derek

Hey Rick,

It was great riding with you this past weekend. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

mw

Yes it was a good weekend. I made it there Monday for a few hours, now will be sore for a few days. Think I missed all of you (and most everybody else), as I was coming in there was a steady flow of people leaving. Was a fun ride, hope it's not another 3 months before I get to go again.

Hey Mike,

It was great meeting and riding with all of you.

Derek:

The trails were really washed out from the 15" of rain they got a couple of weeks ago and several trees were down across the trails.

I thought the trails were in the worst condition that I've ever seen.