Sign in to follow this  

When will the valve recall expire?

Does anyone know when the valve recall will expire? How long do I have before I HAVE to take it in?

Does anyone know when the valve recall will expire? How long do I have before I HAVE to take it in?

I was told it expires TODAY!

:thumbsup:

On a serious note, if you have received the notice/letter from Yamaha already and still have not scheduled an appointment with your dealer, and if your engine locks up, they might use this against you for not getting it serviced in a timely manner. E.g., why did you take 6 months and wait until your engine finally locks/blows up before bringing it in? Would this be your fault or theirs when they had warned you a long time ago about this problem?

On a serious note, if you have received the notice/letter from Yamaha already and still have not scheduled an appointment with your dealer, and if your engine locks up, they might use this against you for not getting it serviced in a timely manner. E.g., why did you take 6 months and wait until your engine finally locks/blows up before bringing it in? Would this be your fault or theirs when they had warned you a long time ago about this problem?

I agree. Thats why Im asking. Honestly, I haven't riden in 3 months, but they wont know that and could possibly use it agaisnt me, or say "sorry too late".