whats wrong?

when i downshift the shifter will go down well below the footpeg then ill have to upshift to get it back into place. for instance if im in 3rd and i downshift once then itll go below the footpeg and go to second but then to get it back to normal position ill have to flick the shifter back up. understand? so instead of just downshifting once to go down a gear ill have to downshift then like flick the shift back up to get it level with the footpeg.

another problem is ill add coolant then go ride then when i come back the coolant dissaperared and its smoking from the radiator and coolants pissing out of the hose. its overheating but what will cause this?

also do you guys have to add oil after every ride? cuz i have to add quite a bit of oil

cheack to see if the shifter bolt is tight. if it is then you need to take off clutch side cover and see if any of the teath are missing on the shifter. if there is then you'll need to replace. if not. then possibly your shift drum is messed up..

your coolant issue sounds like possibly a cloged radiator tube conecting the two radiators. hence the reason its over heating as its only allowing 1 rad. Not sure thouhg..

as far as oil. throughly clean the bike fill the engine and ride on a grassy surface for a little while as not to get dust. Look for a leak probably around the clutch area. If no oil is found then you have bad rings and burning oil...

shifter bolt is tight? so i have to take of the clutch cover? or the clutch side case/engine cover? so i have to split the cases?

and the 06 rmz isnt the same as the 04kxf its better

there wasn;t many changes....

it would be alot more reliable tho! ?

but i would wait for the 07

when i downshift the shifter will go down well below the footpeg then ill have to upshift to get it back into place. for instance if im in 3rd and i downshift once then itll go below the footpeg and go to second but then to get it back to normal position ill have to flick the shifter back up. understand? so instead of just downshifting once to go down a gear ill have to downshift then like flick the shift back up to get it level with the footpeg.

another problem is ill add coolant then go ride then when i come back the coolant dissaperared and its smoking from the radiator and coolants pissing out of the hose. its overheating but what will cause this?

also do you guys have to add oil after every ride? cuz i have to add quite a bit of oil

As far as your shifting issue goes, I believe that you may have a broken, missing, or improperly positioned shifter return spring part numbers 92145 or 92145A- http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/showschematic~dept_id~1077656.asp Not an expensive part, but not a walk in the park to replace either.

Drain the gear oil, lay the bike on it's left side, remove the entire

clutch cover and look just below the lower right side of the clutch basket. You will then be able to see the end of the shift shaft and the return spring...You might have to remove the clutch basket to actually service the spring and selector parts, but it should be obvious what, if anything, is wrong with the return spring.

i took the clutch side cover off and all the gears and stuff is exposed..and i see the spring but its not wiggly or anything it looks good and so does everything else what i can see....so do i just have to take the shifter side cover off now and see if i can see anything on that side? is it okay to move the shifter with the covers off so i can see if everythings working fine?