Sign in to follow this  

yz 250.

if a man says something in the woods, and there is no woman to hear it, is he still wrong??? haha

if a man says something in the woods, and there is no woman to hear it, is he still wrong??? haha

Obviously he is. Just ask my wife.

I'd say any well cared for YZ250 from '99 and up will make a good all around bike. My '03 can take me trail riding all day and then go racing the next. :thumbsup:

I got a 2000 yz250 and I love it for the woods. In fact I have yet to take it to the track. In fact :thumbsup: I have yet to take my 450 to the track since I got the smoker...just woods and rocks on the 250. I love it.

I have a nice '02 CRF450 that is for sale so I can buy a YZ250. I like the 450, but I loved my last YZ250. They are as reliable as an anvil, handle soooo much better than my CRF and sound neat to boot! I've never met anyone who didn't like their YZ250, can't say the same for any onther brand or model.

It wont be good for putting around. If you let it load-up it will foul out sparkplugs like crazy.

It will be good for racing though.

It is a good all-around bike, but if you want to putt-putt around you'd better bring a few spark plugs with you.

Really? Why would that be? I've owned a couple YZ's, a CR and various other water-cooled two strokes in the past, and I can assure you this much: they were MUCH better at slow riding than my CRF. If the jetting is right, plug fouling is never a problem, it doesn't matter if you ride slow or fast.

It wont be good for putting around. If you let it load-up it will foul out sparkplugs like crazy.

It will be good for racing though.

It is a good all-around bike, but if you want to putt-putt around you'd better bring a few spark plugs with you.

My '06 will putt around all day (its jetted correctly though).