Rod Throgh The Cases!!

Okay, I'm gonna ask the question that everyone is else thinking.....

Dude, Why in the flip would you want to even hear your bike bang the rev limiter ? Everybody knows it's the rev's that kill these bikes !

you are absolutely correct, these kids that have no clue think its cool to do that ,

they do not realize that every time you hit the limiter or rev it to 11,000 is 2 hrs less that crank will run ---

the crank and internal components will only cycle so many times ,

and he just reached the end of one of his cycles --

oh well he will start to learn thing the hard way ?

I learned to check my oil the hard way and my dad was patient with me, explained what I did wrong and we rebuilt the motor in our garage when I was about 13. I also learned to put the air filter in correctly the hard way the very first ride on that rebuild when I was 13. My dad wasn't quite as patient and understanding that time though. I learned both times, the 2nd time I learned some new vocabulary as well I think though.

I didn't need to learn the rev-limiter the hard way but maybe he did... Live and learn and you'll do alright.

As for what you should do. Sounds like you should yank apart the motor. See what parts you need. Get some quotes and decide for yourself.

Khris

no, i let her warm up, then laid into it.

do not ever just LAY INTO HER ( unless its your 17 year old girlfriend :ride::applause::applause: )

but you can get a complete engine from honda brandy new for $3,300.

i have repaired some of these for people before we could get the whole engine ,

and you will spend more than that if you have a shop do it,

if you do it your self it will be in the range of 2,500 by the time you get all the little extra worn trans gears new top end --good valves -spring kits, cam chain-guides

2,000 if you can get jobber on the pricing ,

so its hard to say if its worth fixing ------they sell used 06's here for 5,000,---left over new 06's for 5,300,

so that bike here if is was clean with new tires new grafics , and everthing would only bring 4k maybe on a good day------more ? like 3,500

Hahaha.... look at the 2nd one. Auction ended early when a buyer in Kentucky used the "Buy it Now" option. Personally, I would have parted the rest of the bike out on ebay and bought a new one.

Man you guys are brutal!! I've got a spare 2004 motor for sale, price is $1750 + shipping. New crank, all new bearings, stock piston with a local bike builder port job. PM me if you are interested.

here you go southrun ,-----1750 is a great price , i would be mesaging briansgi and getting this one quick ------its all been done ---hell --get it right now

Uh, check location

What does his location have to do with anything. I have raced in both Cali and all over the South. Hands down there are many more guys in Cali that would do something like this than anywhere else in the world! Ever been to glamis the moto-poser capital of the world?? LOL! ?