Sign in to follow this  

1999 Mxc 300

I am looking at a 99 mxc 300.Were these a good bike.Are they a good used bike to buy?My buddy has a 99 200 EXC and he loves it.Most of my ridin will be trails and pits.

I bought a 99 300 MXC about a month ago and absolutely love it! The torque this thing has is awesome. It is about 30 lbs. heavier than my CR125, but it doesn't wear me out as much because I don't have to ride it has hard to make it do the same things. I'm not a racer, just a trail rider. I haven't topped it out yet, still getting used to the bottom and midrange. It'll pull the wheel up in 4th relatively easy, haven't tried 5th. Mine is still on the original top end and clutch, and rides strong and quiet, bought it from the original owner.

I paid 1300 for mine and had to replace the chain and sprockets (wasn't completely neccesary), and it needed the rear wheel bearings. The parts added about another 100 to the price. Apparently the bike has always been maintained with Belray 2 stroke oil at a 50:1 ratio and he used Belray Gearsaver in the case.

The previous owner replaced the plastics quite awhile ago, said the silver sides and back fender looked terrible and showed ever little scuff. He put all orange plastics on it and it looks great, IMO.

Kinda late on the reply, hope it helps though.