Sign in to follow this  

Need ridding info for Baja

Were to ride were to ride

Two of my buddies and I are planning a trip to Baja next month I thought we knew were we wanted to go until you guys opened my eyes.It sound like the ridding down there is wide open. We were/are planning to go to the sky ranch and use it as a base for our 4 day trip . if you have any Ideas as to were we should go and ride let me know .I keep seeing reference to ridding on the road/highway can you really do that without finding yourself in a Mexican prison? one of our guys will be ridding a quad as for the me and my ridding Buddie we will be on 05 & 06 EXC 525s If any of you are planning a ridding trip to Baja in the next couple of months let me know I'ld like to see if my buddie and I can tag along we both live in So. Cal.and Live to ride.

Thanks for letting me bend your ear,

Ralph.

Take a day down to Felipe, spend the night, back the next day.

Take a day over to San Quintin or Camalu, spend the night, back the next day.

Do the old road/trail up stream from Mikes towards (not to) the Observatory.

But really, you'd probably be better off and have more fun starting in Ensenada, to Felipe, to Mikes, to Quintin, to Ensenada.

Mike's is a great place, but its hard to get a room every now and then. Here's another rider friendly place to stay at. just West on the Hwy from Mike's. http://jamauoutpost.com/index.html right next to the famous goat trail too.

Bajabound advice is making me want to :ride::thumbsup:

Another place to stop and/or stay at would be Cuatro Casas. It is right on the bluffs overlooking the ocean. The owner Richard and his wife are super cool, they have a little restaurant and will whip up some killer grub. The place will sleep 20 to 30 people total. Richard has all the tool necessary to fix just about anything you can break, if you stay rent a surfboard and catch a wave to three and enjoy. The other bonus is the price is right. 15-20 bucks a head per night, meals generally run 6-10 bucks a pop and the beers are a buck. If you want something special like lobster or whatever it will be more expensive but for the typical meals they are usually under 10 bucks.

Also, there is a professional caliber pool built specifically for skateboarding and a lot of the time there will be guys who go down just to skate and surf. If you want more info you can call down there directly or email his brother who can get a hold of him. The emails and voicemails are usually returned within a couple days so be patient.

goyo@cox.net

011-52-616-165-0010

Castro fish camp I haven't been there in years is the paved road that you take from the main road still in great shape? I remember thinking what's this road doing out here and were did it come from . :thumbsup:

Castro fish camp I haven't been there in years is the paved road that you take from the main road still in great shape? I remember thinking what's this road doing out here and were did it come from . :thumbsup:
The road from the highway to Erendira city limits is paved, and the pot holes are filled in on the first half of the road.

http://www.coyotecals.com/ $15 a night. Good place to stage and do day trips up and down the coast. Buy fish at the cooperative next to Castros and cook it up at the hostel. yummy.

The road from the highway to Erendira city limits is paved, and the pot holes are filled in on the first half of the road.

http://www.coyotecals.com/ $15 a night. Good place to stage and do day trips up and down the coast. Buy fish at the cooperative next to Castros and cook it up at the hostel. yummy.

Thanks for the website. I've never been to this one. Looks really cool. :thumbsup:

Coyote Cal's is where that wigwam is at. :thumbsup::ride:wigwam.jpg

They built it as a sweat house for the sacred ceremonies from Sacred Sweat Lodge

Cal's Event Calendar has it on there 2X a year. Looks like we just missed one in Aug. :applause:Events at Cals

6 of us did the "coast to coast" tour in Feb. Started at Rancho Santa Veronica, south and west through Ojo Negros and Santo Tomas to the Pacific Ocean then east to Mike's, San Felipe, Gonzaga Bay then back north through San Felipe and Rancho Santa Veronica. I can give you all the details, what to bring, where to stay, fuel, food, gps routes, etc. It was a great trip. I don't check TT often so if you are interested email me at highdesertproperties@hotmail.com.

Greg

When are you guys going down? We're going to pack a motorhome with guys, go down October 14-19, base-stay at a campground near Ensenada and ride our hearts out. We still need to decide on our itinerary and get some help from the guys on this board as far as routes to take. We're planning on riding some of the newly released 1000 course and as much of the 2006 Baja 500 course as we can (mostly because that's all we know).

-Scott

For the police issue , was living in Cabo San Lucas a year and a half, riding a stripped down XT 350 , no signals , no plate , no mirrors. Used it in the desert , daily commuting downtown and for riding "highway". As long as its a dirtbike the police kinda sees trough their fingers about the situation.

Well , if there not out to get beer and taco money that is.

Have a tenner or twenty handy and u will be out of there in no time. If they ask for anything bigger , just hand em ur license and tell em to write out the ticket, witch is to be paid on the local station if u want to get the license back. Just get a new license once u get back to the states (dropped ur wallet in mexico) and forgett all about the incident.

Make sure to have bigger bills securely hidden , normally they dont give change.

Another good ride is starting at Veronica to Mikes first day.

Second day Mikes to San Felipe.

Third day SF to Santa Inez on Hwy 1 via Chappala Lake turn off from Hwy 1. You will need 100 mile range for this ride or have a truck follow behind.

Fourth day ride up coast to San Quintin (Old Mill)

Fifth Day from Old Mill to Santo Tomas

Last day from ST to Veronica.

OR reverse order if you want. :thumbsup: Steny GO HUSKY!