Sign in to follow this  

2006 Husky CR125

We all know the following that the 2004 CR125 had here on Thumpertalk.

Who has actually purchased and ridden the 2006 bike? Does it respond with the needle trick or are there other jetting issues to contend with on the new bike?

How about the suspension? About the only real complaint that I had about my 2004 CR125 when comparing it to my YZ125 (aside from the lack of low end), was that the suspension was harsh on the small stuff yet it still bottomed out. How is the Ohlins shock and the relatively new fork?

With the bikes being offered at around $3200 they seem to be a bargain again, but then again, the 2006 YZ125's are being discounted to about $3600.

My 16 year old son has raced a 2006 CR 125 this year it is stone stock

never even changed the jetting.The only thing we did was get the suspention done at FBF.We do dist 37 desert and gran prix,125 expert class

bike works great .He did win the AMA National Hare and Hound race

back in April .Comparied to a 2006 YZ 125 which he did ride in the Pro team

race at a Gran Prix he stated the yamaha felt a little lighter.Other then that

the Husky was better.One more thing from Desert to tight single track or Motorcross we did not change the gearing.We also raced it for 6 full months before we did a top end and everything was in good shape.What more can you ask for

That is a good endorsement for the CR 125's!

Leaving for Primm 300 in about 10 minutes. Going to try and swing by 1000 Palms Husqvarna on way home to San Diego Saturday morning around 10 am. Round about way home. Steny

I rode '06 CR125 on MX track(didn't take it on SX track) and woods last fall at Husky demo day at Thunder Ridge in NY. I didn't have time to dial it in for me, but Marzocchi closed cartridge forks and Ohlins shock worked great on MX track, but riding it in the woods it felt like a MX bike. I haven't ridden a newer YZ125, but the CR has more bottom than YZ, RM and KX 125's I've ridden. WR125 is still the best bet for bottom end performance. The one thing you should figure in is the durability of the Husky(or any other European) engine. You'll freshen the top end and completely rebuild it less than the YZ if you keep it more than a season. This isn't speculation.... it's based on riding with my Yamaha buddy for many years, same trails, same races, same fuel and oil and we work on our bikes together.

Norman