Sign in to follow this  

Randsburg riding?

I've seen Randsburg posted here as an interesting destination on a loop ride. What type of riding is available near there? We've been to Ridgecrest and Jawbone a few times but now one of my riding buddies wants to camp out near Randsburg.

Thanks

Ride on

Brewster

Lots of choices there. North, south, east or west of Randsburg?

Lots of choices there. North, south, east or west of Randsburg?

We're open to recommendations. When my riding buddy heard that you could ride dirt bikes into town, that's all he was concerned about. That's why I'm asking about the surrounding riding areas. The ride reports I've read hear all seem to start from somewhere else and loop through Randsburg.

No, we aren't the type to go buzzing down Main Street doing wheelies.

Thanks

Ride on

Brewster

You should probably get yourself a friends of jawbone map, this map has a good listing of all the trails in and around the area. Ther are many trails all around there but just stay on the marked trails. www.jawbone.org

I'll take you guys everywhere around California City including Randsburg depending on your ability. 100+, goat trails, rock slides, hillclimbs, everything is there. It's my favorite hangout.

I'll be ready soon.

SoCal Matt????? How's your foot?

Randsburg has some of the best desert riding in Calif. All kinds of terrain from mountains, to sandwash beds, to high speed open trails. Nice to stop in the the White House Saloon in Randsburg for a hamburger and Mojave Red beer. They now have gas in nearby Johannesburg as another plus. My favorite place.

We're open to recommendations. When my riding buddy heard that you could ride dirt bikes into town, that's all he was concerned about. That's why I'm asking about the surrounding riding areas. The ride reports I've read hear all seem to start from somewhere else and loop through Randsburg.

No, we aren't the type to go buzzing down Main Street doing wheelies.

Thanks

Ride on

Brewster

I'd suggest cal city off twenty mule team rd for first time there. Randsburg is fairly easy to get to from there. The power line road off of hwy 395 will drop you rite into town. After refreshments you can head out straight from white horse saloon into the gravel pit and over the rand mountain ridge and back to your stage area.

For a more interesting ride, stage at Jawbone or Dove Springs-hit last chance canyon,then make your way to Randsburg. Easier to get lost though, unless you have a guide or GPS.

I've seen Randsburg posted here as an interesting destination on a loop ride. What type of riding is available near there? We've been to Ridgecrest and Jawbone a few times but now one of my riding buddies wants to camp out near Randsburg.

Thanks

Ride on

Brewster

Rands burg is a one of a kind place. I camped in Cal city and rode there and back. No gas in that town though. It's an old miners town and very motorcycle friendly. Good vibe and great atmosphere and I would recommend to anyone. On a big weekend there could easily be 500 dirt bikes parked right off the streets. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Ride on

Brewster

If you're a KTMTalk member go look up the Devil's Rollercoaster Ride Report. That ride was based starting right at the Randsburg Inn and will give you a good idea of whats around there.

Just be careful if you ride out there. There are alot of mining pits that are not fenced off and are unmarked. There was a thread not to long ago about a kid that fell into one while riding and died. I am not trying to scare you off from riding out there, just be vigilant.

I'll take you guys everywhere around California City including Randsburg depending on your ability. 100+, goat trails, rock slides, hillclimbs, everything is there. It's my favorite hangout.

I'll be ready soon.

SoCal Matt????? How's your foot?

I injured myself a little more than I thought. I'm still limping around a bit and don't have full movement in my ankle. I have a bruise on my calf that didn't show up for 2 weeks after that ride, haha. My big toe nail is still actually holding on :thumbsup: . Don't wear those SG-10's you bought, haha.

That was a fun ride man, I had a blast. We'll have to do that again in a couple weeks. I really liked those rocky single track sections. Randsburg is a very cool town!

I rode out there a couple of years ago- The Friends of Jawbone map helps, but since they expanded the open pit mine some of the more interesting trails dead end at the fence around the mine. Lots of sharp rocks!

There is a roll chart you can download that shows a route from Jawbone to Randsburg through the mountains, with a gas stop in Johannesburg. It is on the Jawbone website - looks very interesting!