Sign in to follow this  

250F bog bore 260-312??

Any testimmonials on the big bore kits, preformance, durability and such?? Mainly the 312cc HT kit with any shiping info all the good and bad if any?? Ill be shiping from LA (Louisiana not Los Angles)LOL

Thanks.

Took my engine to Bill's house last Sat. What a nice guy, live in Northern Ca and wanted to me the person boring out my baby...He had a new 07 SX 250 from back east he was doing, he showed me everything, stock/modified and even had some CRF250R Honda parts to compare with. KTM engine are so much better made you can't compare, its like that engine was engineered to be a 312 to begin with...We talked jetting/big bores/pipes ect...He knows his stuff and also is quick to tell you what the engine likes and doesn't like...Just the facts...That was refreshing...Just a side note, I installed the 360cc Ohlins kits on the 250 Yamahas complete with crank rebalancing and bored carbs (different brands/jetting) when I ran motorcycle shops in the 80s, so I know what to expect.

How long did it take him to rebuild your motor? Have you ridden it yet?? Ride report.asap