Sign in to follow this  

Parts confusion...

i sent my bike into the shop and the tech who fixed my valves overtightened my head bolts that hold the cylinder head cover on. So it tore out the threads of the hole and the head cover bolts go into. I dont know the exact name for the part sorry. Anyways i went to the service honda site to get the part number for the two parts and it gives the number for the bolts that hold it to the head but not the piece i need. Check out the link to the parts list... its the cap piece that is about middle left side of the page.

http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/off%20road/crf250r%20%2704/crf250r_04%20frames%20page.htm

Thank you so much for the help!!!

I suspect the part you are looking for is the retaining cap for the camshaft. You can not buy a cam cap seperatly, it must be purchases with the cylinder head and you must use the new cylinder head, not just take the cap from the new head and bolt it on yours. The reason for this is the cam bore is aligned with the caps on, and if you use anything other than original, it wont be round. An option is to repair the threads with a heli-coil.