Sign in to follow this  

kx or cr

which one is a better buy kx or cr two stroke

cr is way better :thumbsup:

Dont worry crrider, this kid's (thug86) clueless when it comes to dirtbikes

Dont worry crrider, this kid's (thug86) clueless when it comes to dirtbikes

i know im clueless but i just want to learn so can u please cut me some slack :thumbsup:

i know im clueless but i just want to learn so can u please cut me some slack :thumbsup:

They are all good bikes, but IMO between the KX and CR, the Honda is more dependable and has the best handling of any of them. The kx's I've owned were always harder to get the front suspension just right. The front end seemed to always want to wash out.

My $.02 worth

one thing to keep in mind on the kx is, when they get a good amount of time n them, the trans can become explosive. 3rd and 4th gears wear out at the engagement dogs, and when they go, they tend to pop the shaft through the side of the case.

thats usually not a huge problem to fix, but with the kx's, you have to order the 2 case halves as a matched set...that can be pricey...honda sells the individual halves, and tend to be cheaper to run in the long term. it has been my experience also, that kx's have varying degrees of craftsmanship. some are better than others, but i would have to go with the honda... :thumbsup:

id choose the bike on how good you are with your closet dealership and the amount of time on the bike. fortunetly, one of the best honda dealers in the state of nj IMO (freehold honda) is about 7 miles from my doorstep so im doing good with my honda, but i do alot of purchasing online too.

i had a kawi, it was alright for my first mx bike, but i see alot of kids around here who dont know shit about bikes and their kx's are always going south, but if you're anal about bike upkeep it shouldnt be too much of a problem. i would say cr, but try to ride both first, you may prefer the kx over the cr and vice versa..

good luck

2 weeks ago you said you were getting a kx250 and even posted a picture. I just dont understand kids like you, bragging about something they dont even have...

There is nothing to learn on this topic. All bikes are good in different ways. Pick the one you feel most comfortable on. I always have and always will ride red, but thats just me. There is nothing wrong with green bikes if you take care of them.

If you are going brand new get a yz250. Yamaha still has faith in their 2-strokes and their bikes show it.

plus, they are the ONLY factory still racing a works 2stroke (at least here in japan). takeshi koikeda won the all japan title on it last season.... :thumbsup:

i might be adding a yamahahahaha to my garage in the future... :applause:

i was just riding this past week with my friend up in utica and i have a cr and he has a kx...we switched for a little while and i liked my cr better, so did he. but thats just 2 peoples opinions

Not trying to be a smart - ass, but what answer do you expect when asking this question in the Honda 2 stroke forum? Probably about the opposite of what you would get asking the same question in the Kawasaki 2 stroke forum. Kinda like asking the people on death row for murder if they would be willing to kill someone to get out of jail. :thumbsup: