Sign in to follow this  

mechanic needed

Where are you located? We are just south of Tacoma. If you don't live close by us I'm sure someone out here can help.

I'm sure someone from your neck of the woods will pipe up and give you a hand. There a few TT'ers over there. Good luck.

I'd drive up to Spokane and help you, but I'm too lazy :thumbsup:

I'm sure you can get some good advice of these boards if you go to the jetting forum and give them the lowdown on what, how and where you ride.

well i took off the whole rear sub frame took off the carb looked at it and decided i didnt want to pull all that shit off the carb to mess with it... so i ended up putting it all back together

By the symbol - I'm assuming you have a YAMAHA. Anyway, what year, and cc. Steel frame, you don't have to pull the whole sub-frame just the bottom two bolts. Tilt it up (after you loosen the air filter side on the carb. You don't have to take the carb all the way off either, most can be done on the bike - just rotate the carb. It's been a while since I've adjust my yz250f, but I have to do it here this week aways. Going to put the stock muffler back on so we can do some trail riding.

If you have on of the newer aluminum frames - that's a different horse. I helped my son on his 450f and the easiest way was to loosen the carb on both sides and rotate to access the bottom. It's a tight area, but doable.

Will the dealer rejet it for you or an indy shop in the area? Hit the jeting form find out the jets and kit and bring the parts in to the shop or pick the shop and call to see if they want to provide parts.

I love reviving old threads. Do you own a shop? How much do you charge to help jet a bike?

David

Where are you located? We are just south of Tacoma. If you don't live close by us I'm sure someone out here can help.

You don't need to take the carb out to rejet the 06'....And it's probably time to find a new shop....100 bucks? What a ripoff. You really should just rejett it yourself... Expecting someone to come over to your house and do it for you beacause your lazy is a bit too much to ask for.....IMHO