Sign in to follow this  

Sort of OT but, whats more expensive?

Dirtbiking or paintball?

I am doing whatever I choose to do for 2 years, then selling it probably, for college money....

Riding is by far more expensive. I used to play paintabll right before the nppl/psp split. I even continued to play 7-man after the split. Took second in Vegas in 03 even. Augst of that same year, step onto a motocross bike after riding trail bikes for all of my life. 2 weeks later I bought a mx bike. I sold most of my paintball gear to pay for the new passion. But if you are looking into playing paintball and need a good deal on a gun, give me a pm. I stil have a Full Mod Works Autococker with freak set and swing trigger that I could make you a deal on.

Riding is way more expensive. Although you can get a pretty crappy paintball gun for about $50 at walmart and have fun with it for about 6 months if your really careful. I personally like the Tipman customs....I got mine all AK47ed out....lol

Did the whole paint ball thing for about a year, I was really into it at first, but I gradually took a step back and called it quits. Too much slagging and ego for me: "I hit you mother F**ker!, ya you got bunkered b**tch!" No thanks, you keep playing war with your little guns, Ill spend my money on a new back tire and ride!

(yes I still play bush ball on occasion, I have a JT 3.5 e-Trigger)

Paintball is definitely not cheap. If you get serious about paintball but you dont have any sponsers yet, it is sometimes $200+ per tournament. Motocross has the initial bike cost + gear costs along with regular maintainence costs and the price of gas and so on. Paintball has no stopping point in price. If you want to play at a organized field, there is no way to escape the high costs. A case of paint (2000 rounds) ranges from about 30-65 dollars and many players are using over a case per tournament. Beside the high paint cost, there is also a gun maintenance fee, field entrance fee and of course the cost of tempting upgrades. Overall, it seems to me that motocross is the way to go, which is why I switched. I hope this helps!!

i switched from paintball to MX too... I played lotsa tournies and had lots of high end guns and to be honest for hte price I paid for some of my guns I could of had like 3 brand new dirtbikes so...i think paintball is more expensive just dirtbiking has the higher (sorta) intiial cost but its cheaper in the long run especially the fun factor from 10 -20 bucks gas for a day compared to 300-600 for paintball tourny :thumbsup:

same here since i bought my bike my cocker has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust. too mnay ego's and cheaters out there now

I think Ill stick with my ktm then..... I just need to find people to ride with in las vegas......

There is prolly a grip of people to ride with out there. Check the regional forums. Ask for people who want to ride as well as different clubs and racing organizations. You will be able to make a lot of friends to ride with that way.

I think paintball is for nerds. (at least compared to bikes)

Having wars out in the hills is fun though.

i havent used my paintball gun once since i got my 125. i think paintball is waste of money. ill stick to shooting game animals with a real gun.

I play paint ball, just something to do with friends. Its really expinsive, $7 for CO2, $45 for a case of paint, $150+ for a good gun.

paintball is very expensive a box of paintballs costs the same as 4 gallons of premium gas and oil if you have a 2 stroke. and the gun can cost up to 500$ very easily for a nice gun, co2 is very expensive if you do not have a way to fill the tanks. i used to buy precharged co2 cannisters for about 10$ for a pack of 2, only 200 shots each, i used to blow off those cannisters mabe 5 a day, and then repairs and mods. so the way i figure it

500 for a new gun 6000 for a new dirt bike

60 in paintballs a weekend 25 in gas for a weekend

60 in co2 a weekend

the way i look at it, dirt bikes hold value easily with good maintenance on a regular schedual, used paintball guns are WORTHLESS you cannot even get 10% back out of them, now would you rather pay a big down payment and have that payment returned to you when you sell it and pay 50$ total expences for an awesome day of riding, or get 25$ back out of your 400$ paintball gun and spend over 100$ in equiptment expenses alone every weekend. ill take the dirt bike.

I just can't find people to ride with... I am 17 and like riding trails with jumps and stuff like that, not a mx track...... There aren't too many people at my school that ride, it sucks...

O and $60 for co2? Its like $5 to fill a tank that holds about 1200-1400 shots.

I just can't find people to ride with... I am 17 and like riding trails with jumps and stuff like that, not a mx track...... There aren't too many people at my school that ride, it sucks...

O and $60 for co2? Its like $5 to fill a tank that holds about 1200-1400 shots.

i am talking about no refillable cartrages that hold like 9 oz or whatever, i have no way to fill my c02 cartrages so i never used refillable ones, i shoot alot of shots when i used to play paintball it got up to 60$ on 2 day weekends all the time

I go to fields, they fill your air there.... so its cheaper, but it would still be about $60 a weekend.