Sign in to follow this  

seat height

I am 16 and have been riding atv's for a few years now and want to get into dirtbikes. I want to buy a 250cc four stoke motocross bike and have been looking at the ktm 250 sx-f because I am short and it's seat height is the lowest I have seen. My question is will it feel shorter than the honda crf250r or will it not be noticable. thanks

Yes, it feels a tad shorter because the seat is more rounded and more narrow than on the Honda. But its really not very noticable. After you take account of the sag settings, and the honda seat getting softer(ie you'll sit lower in it after it breaks in) You won't have much difference. The big thing is the SXF feels a lot lighter and smaller while your on it.

You can buy a seat for the SXF that is 20mm lower from the KTM Hard Parts catalog for about $100.

I'm 5'5" and race woods mostly so I just had my suspension guy drop my bike an inch while he was into the suspension doing the revalve/springs. Really helped me out a lot in some places where I'd have to put a foot down.