Sign in to follow this  

ft of the mountain sept 3

I will most likely be there. I am not sure if I am riding the quad or the bike yet, I better decide soon. I can't wait I haven't raced in like 2 weeks, it feels like forever.

go with the bike i think i will be in your class i got a new yzf 250 and im in the c class for a while

You can count on me, i'll also be in open C, I'm just not sure yet if i'll make it up saturday for the BBQ. Pat are you goin???

Hey guys i doing my first hare scramble sept 17 at rausch i work there so i should have good luck but aim a motocross guy what should i do to my 05 rmz250 to do the race aim running c class probely i no i have the skill to race it but i don't think ill last 2 hours whats the best things to do to get ready for it. Should i but hand guards on my bike

Definatly get handguards. For a woods bike that is probably the best investment you could make. Drink a lot of water days before the race to hydrate yourself. And whatever you do just try to finish don't quit.

I start sucking down powerade, like gatorade but better tasting, days before the event, and the day of i'll have 3 big bottles before the race, make sure you have good tough handguards, a decent skidplate if you like your motor, and it seems like a little thing, but make sure you pee as much as possible before the race, you cant imagine how hard it is to ride with a loaded bladder! My mom stands at a determined spot on the track with extra googles and bottles of ice cold water and when we go by, if we need we switch googles, and she dumps the water down my back. Since im on a role here i'll keep goin, i wear a one liter camel back and the night before the race i stick it in the freezer and then keep it in the cooler the day of the race, it thaws almost entirely before the race but the water is ice cold and refreshing. Hopefully my little novel was helpful, feel free to ask ?'s.

i would fix it, if you stall the bike the filter things might help out i dont know i would just ride with in your skill dont try to catch up really fast it will pay of in the long run cause you will not be crashing,also if some one catch up dont pull over in less youe all of the place they will get by

Whats up, its nice to hear from you guys again.

I will NOT be at Ft. I am going to Steel City to watch the National. Last year for Carmichael full time anyway so I want see that.

My next race will be BMER Sep 10. Then Unadilla GNCC. Rausch creek is kinda up in the air now, I don't want to miss Unadilla and Rausch is the week before so I may hold off on that.

Me and Rock Penguin ( Dave ) hung out at the Blue comet race. It sucked you guys couldn't make it .

The Rocket raceway race sucked you guys didn't miss anything on that one. It was a wast of a nice day.

what about a air boxes mine is craked in 2 spots should i buy a new one so no water gets in it, if so does anyone make after market air boxes and what about those ait filter skins things that u can pull off during rideing

Yo, Duct tape fixes everything :thumbsup:

Dont wast your time with filter skins, you wont have time or energy to remember to pull it off anyway.

Yea i second that, dont bother with filter skins. But i would use some epoxy or JB weld on the airbox for the time being and call it done.

Hey everyone!

WRider and Papa: you guys missed one hell of a race at Blue Comet. Definitely a good time.

I'll be skipping FoM on the 3rd. Heading out to Steel City like Pat. That should be a blast.

Although, that means I won't be doing any riding for the next couple of weekends as I probably won't be able to ride this weekend, either. :thumbsup: