Sign in to follow this  

new bike I bought today

good for you! :ride: it's always nice to bring home a new bike! i understand the rm's are still at the top of the "250" class and make great off-road weapons. :thumbsup:

Dude, your are gonna love that bike, I've had my 06 RM250 for about a 2 months now, and I still walk around with a grin on my face.

Dude, your are gonna love that bike, I've had my 06 RM250 for about a 2 months now, and I still walk around with a grin on my face.

I rode it for about 1 minute when I got it home, man I missed that 2 stroke hit :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Jamas, congtats on the new ride. I've had my 06 RM 250 for a few months now, comming off a 01 300 EXC. I like the RM in most every way except it will stall easier (I may concider a FWW later). Before I got the RM I couldnt decide between it and a new 05 CRF 450R. After you get some seat could you give us your thoughts between the two. I have never ridden a 450 and have been second guessing my choice at times.

Jamas, congtats on the new ride. I've had my 06 RM 250 for a few months now, comming off a 01 300 EXC. I like the RM in most every way except it will stall easier (I may concider a FWW later). Before I got the RM I couldnt decide between it and a new 05 CRF 450R. After you get some seat could you give us your thoughts between the two. I have never ridden a 450 and have been second guessing my choice at times.

If this helps, I got an 03 RM250 in Jan, and a 06WR450 in may. The deal with getting my 450 was I was to sell the RM...its not gone! I love the RM, it is light and quick, easy to handle. The 450 is kinda like driving a deisel, it will pull from stall speed, its more forgiving on shifting, and it DOES get up and go. I got it cause it was more practical for me, riding with my little kids, it easier to go slow, and went with the WR over YZf cause I plated it for more versitility.

I think it all boils down to preference, and you just need to ride the 4 stroke to see for yourself

John in Vegas

I got rid of my CRF 450 and bought a new 2006 RM 250 today, already put on an O ring chain, bark busters( I race hare scrambles) numbers and ordered a bunch of other stuff.

Here it is!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/jamas1395/DSCN1386.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/jamas1395/DSCN1385.jpg

1st ride report, Damn did I miss being on a 2 stroke, light, nimble, starts when if you stall in a tight section, suspension was great, even the stock Bridgestones worked O.K.

I love the mid range power this bike has, since I race H/S it works perfect!!!!

The only mods I will do are revalve susp. for H/S, skid plate, FMF pipe and silencer, then ride the hell out of it!

This was great choice, at first I was sorry to see the CRF go but that all change after a fwe miles of single track on the RM.

love to here a happy twostroke owner that had a four stroke before twos are just better if you cant afford the topen rebuild price of a four i had a yz 125 then tryed and 250f then hated it now im back mixing gas and loven it too enjoy that rm and long live two strokes