Sign in to follow this  

2003 KTM 125 SX ???'s

I own this bike, are there any known problems that I should take care of, or are they pretty reliable if they are taken care of?

And does anyone know if this bike is particularily (spelling) hard to find neutral on?

no known problems other than wear or worn out parts. Standrard KTM things are leaky countershaft seals, fork seals, rear axle adjust bolts corrode inside swingarm and stick, chain slap noise on top of hard plastic chain guide on front of swingarm.

If its hard to find neutral then the clutch probably needs to be bled, the slave is wearing out or you have a grooved clutch basket,

my 02 125 sx was the best bike ive owned so far. i rode the shit out of that thing and it never had any major problems :thumbsup: mine seemed to be a little too easy to find neutral. i kept hitting it during my races :ride:

My 03 had no problems what so ever except for the leakey cuontershaft and stuff. But thats about it.

well its prob hard to find neutural cause hydralic clutches like to be put in neutural when the bike is off and make sure u start it in netural always cause it will spring u forward

Ok, so is there a thread anywhere, more like a tutorial on how to bleed the clutch?? Thanks for all the info guys, do you know if anyone makes the carbon fiber pipe shield for this bike?

you bleed from the bottom up with a syringe, its not brake fluid, its oil. No need to buy the expensive magura blood, just use 5w fork oil, mineral oil, auto trans oil, etc any thin oil. doughboy must have had the same problems you have, Ive owned 4 KTMS and they never did this except one and it had gone low on clutch oil.

Standard baby mineral oil is a NO NO for the magrua clutch.

KTM Talk has a full write up on how to bleed the clutch as you do it in reverse of brake bleeding by forcing the fluid up to the reserviour by a syringe.