Sign in to follow this  

Ryan Capes going to jump helicopters on discovery channel, 9pm central

Just thought i would let you guys know if you are interested, the helicopters are parked but the rotors are turning.

Coming on in 15 minutes on discovery, 9pm central time.

crazy bastard.

lol probably not, just possibly airing it again. it happens when shows are aired again and again or more than once

Alright i just searched around for a little bit and found out that they are going to air it again on Friday(aug. 25th) at 7PM (central)!!!! on Discovery Channel!!

It was sick! Not only did he clear it (200') ,He threw in a Indian air freestyle manuver. He seems totally fearless. Supposed to be the record for Ramp to Ramp type jump.

That was gnarly! The wind was gnarly too! Gnarly dirtbike. sicky-sicky gnar-gnar.

That was pretty sweet.

Anybody watch the episode right after it where the guy went over the waterfalls in a Kayak? Those falls are about 10 miles away from where I live :thumbsup:

What a stunt. I'm sure that he will have other stunts to come in the future. He has got that jump dialed in. I think he will continue to add more distance to his world record jump.

I didn't hear them say it at all but does anybody know how fast he had to hit the ramp to make that jump?

I didn't hear them say it at all but does anybody know how fast he had to hit the ramp to make that jump?

They showed a speed box at the bottom of the launch ramp earlier in the show and it said 66 mph. That seems about right for a 250 smoker pinned in 4th. I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing about 65-70 MPH on that jump...he was haulin ass :thumbsup:

Suppose someone put one of those jumps on a closed section of freeway, before an overpass. Then have a landing on the other side of the overpass. That would be on the video game style of stunts, real world stuff. Kind of like in the game MX unleashed, with the ramp-trucks and all. JUST a THOUGHT...