I'm pretty sure my EGT's are too high...

I can't put my hand on the guard over the pipe by the engine, nor on the side cover that's over the muffler. If it weren't heat taped it would have melted off by now. My feet are roasting like never before too..

I had a off throttle bog so I gave it my best getting the float level to 13mm (Came out with 13.2 as my last measurement, using a caliper, but I figured I didn't have a very good resolution or accuracy at that point.)

I dropped the needle one clip as well.

The bike drives fine, doesn't seem to surge, but cruising it gets pretty warm on the legs and starts to roast the plastics.

Normal? The heat light doesn't come on, nor does the fan run. Just high EGT's.

High EGT's are a sign of a lean condition. Take a look at the color of your plug to see what it looks like. If it's got a brown tint to it your jetting is pretty good. If it looks white then your lean and you need to get it a little more fuel. This will for sure drop your EGT's but still not sure if it's the root of the problem. If your local shop has a dyno with an AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) monitor, I would stick it on the dyno and see what the Air/Fuel looks like. Cheers

I wonder if maybe you could have something that is not turning freely etc that is causing the engine to work extra hard (hanging brake, bad bearing, something bent, etc). I know this might sound dumb, but try changing your oil - a full synthetic is a great choice nowadays and that can certainly help with heat via reduced friction. I think you should try to richen the mixture a bit and see how that goes.....just my .02