Sign in to follow this  

Hey all you Buffalo Range guys...

I'm looking for some info on the tracks there. Last time I was there was 2 years ago. Dry and beyond hardpacked,the place was a tire killer. I loved the layout of the track but was very disappointed in the condition of the place. I don't mind hardpack but the place looked as if it hadn't been touched up in years. Ive heard that they have since added another track. Is the place better than it used to be? Do they prep the track any before the weekend? How about watering? I'm not expecting the place to be groomed like Sunsetridge, but is it worth making a trip from the peoria area to ride there now? Thanks for the help guys..

The park has gotten a lot better compared to a couple years ago.

They usually prep and water the track Friday night/Saturday morning. The clay track has been very good if you get there early on Saturday morning.

Last year they added the sand track which goes in and out of the sand pit. It goes from all the way at the bottom to all the way to the top on the same level of the clay track.

This year they added a concession stand as well.

If you haven't been there in a while, I'd say it's worth a second chance because Sam has really been busting his ass to get the place in good condition :thumbsup:

If you haven't been there in a while, I'd say it's worth a second chance because Sam has really been busting his ass to get the place in good condition :thumbsup:

Good enough for a vintage class at the H/S that will be held there in November. :applause::ride:

This is coming from a guy who said "I will never ride there again". Well that was a couple of years ago. Like MAtt said, Sam is busting his A$$ to make this place a good riding choice for us MX guys. It has gotten a whole lot better on the clay track, and the sand track is a blast. Nice thing about the sand track is you can pretty much ride it year round.

One other note.....

I usually ride there on Sundays (I will be there this Sunday) and they have also been Grooming/watering on Sunday Mornings when needed as well (Not just Saturdays.

The clay track has been really good and they are doing a great job in my opinion! :thumbsup:

Of course it will still eat your tires, lol! :ride:

You going this saturday Matt? Me and a few guys are thinking of driving over from Peoria. Is it still $25 to ride?

Possibly, I'm trying to sell my bike so I don't know if I want to risk crashing it and messing it up.

If I do go, it will be as early as I can get myself to roll out of bed.

And yes it is $25.

thanks for the info guys. :applause:

No problem :thumbsup: did I actually help, or did I just make fun of AST. :ride:

Hey just cuz the color white wasn't invented yet when your bikes were made doesn't give you the right to make fun of my boots!

Hey just cuz the color white wasn't invented yet when your bikes were made doesn't give you the right to make fun of my boots!

Actually, I have some red boots that are older than you. :thumbsup:

Actually, I have some red boots that are older than you. :thumbsup:

Scott's by chance?

I have a pair that I just can't seem to get rid of.

That red and blue clash still warms my heart!

You going this saturday Matt? Me and a few guys are thinking of driving over from Peoria. Is it still $25 to ride?

AST,

Might be going Saturday in the am. If my daughters are going, we'll most likely have the grey Jeep and black v-nose trailer set-up by the kid's track. If you get the chance, stop by and say hey.

Nick

CRF450R #222