Sign in to follow this  

Anyone near Johnstown, Pa?

Just looking for some new riding buddies and figured this would be a good place to start :thumbsup: Let me know whos close and maybe we can set up a ride one day :ride: Keep her on 2 wheels....well at least 1 :applause:

I'm out by Greensburg, Irwin to be exact. My buddy lives in Bear Rocks, we sometimes ride around/near Seven Springs.

Somerset, or actually Bakersville, here...spend a bunch of time riding at Mtn. Ridge

Delaware County here. What county of johnstown are you in? I just got about 5 different options when I mapquested johnstown...?

Don't live there, but ride there. A bit rocky don't you think ? What area are you riding in ? Near Westmont ?

Im on the Somerset side of Johnstown. It covers a large area for some reason.

Superglide.....ya I actually do ride up there....almost everyday to be honest. Ya its rocky but go faster, they don't show up as much then. lol. Top of the World is a great place to ride. When do you ride there??

Nice, I'll have to bring my bike out next time I come out to visit family. I usually stay at a hotel somehwere in Geistown then drive into Johnstown. Everytime I'm out there It always looks like a nice area to ride, especially along 56 through Pleasantville coming from Bedford.

I and my son ride there on weekends, but he's off at school now.

We stay right in the TOTW area pretty much. There is a short single track or two that I enjoy there.

Hills are OK, if you like rocks.

Power line gets too rocky to enjoy it. Does it ever smooth out ? I didn't do enough exploring, but I understand that there is a trail back to the gamelands. Have you ever been on it ?

Any other good areas up around there ?

Your right there on the rocks. lol. But no it never smooths out. The other day I wrecked on the craziest hill ever going down towards Seward. I can't believe I went down let alone come up it. I've only ever walked that hill during spring gobbler.

As far as the trail to the Game lands I'm not sure but they really crack down up there a lot. I just dont stop :applause: Have you ever been over to Decker Ave. to the little MX? Nice little place to mess around.

Where in the heck is there single track up there? I have looked everywhere for singletrack and have never found one up there. We need to ride so I can see this. I have always wanted to ride that.

In other words we need to hook up and soon :thumbsup: What do you and your son ride?

Hope to hear from you soon. PM me if you would like

I go to IUP, like 40 mins from Johnstown. I dont have a bike with me but I want to ride so if anyone comes riding out this way and has an extra bike let me know before I die of withdrawl

There's not alot of single track there, but it's better than none. You can end up running some loops, which is nice to keep moving. I don't know anything about a MX track there.

Is there access through Seward? That would shorten the ride up by 20minutes.

I'm painting my house right now. There will not be any riding by me until I'm done according to my wife, and the weather has me way behind schedule....