Sign in to follow this  

2007 YZ 250 (2 stroke) Suspension settings

Just got my 07 YZ 250 and road it at the track last night. I know I still need to break in the suspension but am wondering what you guy are using for some base line settings. I'm 185 with out gear , B rider, Track only. I found the bike was darting around and very unstable in the chop. Next moto I stiffened up all Comp and Rebound settings by 3 clicks but not a lot of help. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks

Until I revalved, my 05 was unpredictable as well.

Try these

1. Set Sag, very important.

2. Move forks down a couple mm in triple clamps

3. Slow down rebound front

4. Slow down rebound rear

NOTE: Make one adjustment at a time.

For a base line, I would try..

Comp Front 10 clicks out

Reb Front 10 clicks out

Low Spd Comp Rear 10 clicks out

High Spd Comp Rear 1.5 turns

Reb Rear 8-10 clicks out

Good luck

Just got my 07 YZ 250 and road it at the track last night. I know I still need to break in the suspension but am wondering what you guy are using for some base line settings. I'm 185 with out gear , B rider, Track only. I found the bike was darting around and very unstable in the chop. Next moto I stiffened up all Comp and Rebound settings by 3 clicks but not a lot of help. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks

Haven't heard of anything on the 07 yet, but on my 06 which should be similar I had to go with stiffer springs at 175 lbs MX and have altered both the front and rear valving. ]

So some stiffer springs would be a good start. I used a set off a 06 YZ250F which was .44 on the front and a 5.1 ti on the rear. Got em cheap! :thumbsup:

If new springs aren't in the cards right now, make sure you set your rear sag and you could raise your oil level to help the front stay up in the travel more along with sliding the forks down as was suggested above. :ride:

Thanks, I will start with this info and see how it goes from there.