Did you know?

Something else that sparked my interest's the other day when reading in my mag was an article on mx agents. Did you know that most mx agents get 10 and 15% of their riders salary, that is crazy, NFL and baseball agents only get like 3 to 5%, motocross is the only big money sport that i know of that does not have salary caps, and man does it show. Did you know that rc made almost 8mil last year, i knew he and stewart were making mad cash but i never knew they made that much. It said that they figured it up and RC is getting $3200 of every suzuki sold in the U.S., it was also saying that the more money that the pros make, the more the price of new bikes go up, they have to write those big checks somehow, seems to me it is time that the factories cut those guys off at 8 mil and dont raise the prices of new bikes any more, bikes prices are crazy if you compare them to 10 years ago, but i doubt that will happen, wonder how long it will take before we are taking out loans for 10k just to buy a new bike.

could be, but i still would have never guessed that rc was making that much, i would have thought 2 to 3 mil, but it said his contract was for 4 mil and with all his wins and championships he ended up with almost 8 mill, thats crazy.

I would have guessed that RC made that much. In my opinion they should make alot more, and the higher pay should go deeper in the field. You have baseball players making 20 million who literally might stand in the field and pick there ass for an entire game. Yet, moto riders are literally risking life and limb for 60+ minutes per race weekend and are arguably the best athletes in the world and they make peanuts!! Especially the lower level factory and privateer riders. My only beef with the cost of new bikes is that my 2005 GSXR 1000, with a shitload of technology and over 150hp at the wheel costs LESS than twice as much as my 2006 KX250F with a single carb and 35?hp.

Seriously you must be out of touch of how much other sports pay there athelete's. RC makes peanuts compared to others. Look how dangerous this sport is.

Michael Shumaker, ever heard of him? Formula1 driver for Ferrari makes 55 million a year, the highest paid athelete out of any sport.

Ok this was in MXA. Here's what it actually said

"This will come as a suprise, but Ricky's 8 million equates to $3200 per Suzuki RM-Z450 sold. Yikes! Luckily the cost can be spread across the complete Suzuki line of motorcycles, sports bikes, ATVs and play bikes" ?

I would have guessed that RC made that much. In my opinion they should make alot more, and the higher pay should go deeper in the field. You have baseball players making 20 million who literally might stand in the field and pick there ass for an entire game. Yet, moto riders are literally risking life and limb for 60+ minutes per race weekend and are arguably the best athletes in the world and they make peanuts!! Especially the lower level factory and privateer riders. My only beef with the cost of new bikes is that my 2005 GSXR 1000, with a shitload of technology and over 150hp at the wheel costs LESS than twice as much as my 2006 KX250F with a single carb and 35?hp.

The reason they get paid so much is because they have 81 home games with probably 20,000 fans average (just a guess ? ) That is alot of income and that is not including the food and drinks they sale. If the players didn't get that money it would go right into the owners pockets who are already making enough as it is. Just for the record, I believe all pro atheletes are overpaid. :ride: They are all over paid because us fans pay the ridiculous ticket prices that seem to keep getting higher every year. I should know, I am a die hard Lakers fan and I get raped every game I go to but I can't stop going. :applause::applause:

Seriously you must be out of touch of how much other sports pay there athelete's. RC makes peanuts compared to others. Look how dangerous this sport is.

Michael Shumaker, ever heard of him? Formula1 driver for Ferrari makes 55 million a year, the highest paid athelete out of any sport.

? F1 is the shiznit, right next to GP & MX! :ride:

07 Rincon

Weight-600

Price-7849

07 CRF450r

Weight-220

Price-7000

It seems like theres a bunch more engineering and parts that goes into something that weighs 600 pounds, vs something that has way less parts (metal ones). I think these cars for the woods should cost more appropriately for the amount of things involved then having other areas of the company pick up the slack.