Sign in to follow this  

I need help to convince my parents to let me start racing

I need help to convince my parents to let me start racing, i have been asking them for 6 mounths, they keep saying they dont want me to get hurt, im 14 and have broken my sholder in 3 places and collor bone in 2, i can take pain. my dad says he dosent want to get in to racing, but i am just going to do a llittle motocross and some endro. i have a 02 wr250, tricked and set up for racing. my mom says wen ur 18 and u move out, and thats to late for me to get any good. please give me some advise for me to tell them.

thanx

Well, you're 14 and have already broken your shoulder and collarbone lol. I can see why theyd be a little worried.

If they are worried about you getting hurt, just tell them if something does happen at an MX race, there is medical personel close by at all times to take care of you.

Thats how I convinced my parents to let me start racing. I originally wanted to desert race, but they said if I got hurt out there no one could get to me in time. So I asked to race grand prixs, because there was always help close by, and they said yes. The year after my first GP race, I started racing desert :thumbsup:

I convinced my parents by asking a simple question, (remember you have to say it really dramatically), "Father, mother, may I please race my motorbike. I'll be a good little boy and clean my room."

lmao....motorbike....

I convinced my parents by asking a simple question, (remember you have to say it really dramatically), "Father, mother, may I please race my motorbike. I'll be a good little boy and clean my room."

lmao....motorbike....

lmao!!! :thumbsup:

I need help to convince my parents to let me start racing, i have been asking them for 6 mounths, they keep saying they dont want me to get hurt, im 14 and have broken my sholder in 3 places and collor bone in 2, i can take pain. my dad says he dosent want to get in to racing, but i am just going to do a llittle motocross and some endro. i have a 02 wr250, tricked and set up for racing. my mom says wen ur 18 and u move out, and thats to late for me to get any good. please give me some advise for me to tell them.

thanx

considering your injuries, maybe you shouldn't race.

But since you feel the need to tell us you can take pain (racing's not about pain btw) you are an exceptional danger to yourself and probably others

too.

Since your parent are obviously alarmed by your previous injuries and your callous attitude, you should try convincing them to let you take racing lessons. Its a start.

my parents werent too thrilled when i started racing. i had to go to practices, then once they were comfortable with the practices, they let me race.

God I feel old!!

I think the Enduro or Hare Scramble approach is good. As far as Mom is concerned, the Hare Scramble is a 2 or 3 hour leisurely ride through the forest :thumbsup: and the Enduro penalizes you for going too fast!!! Also, it would help to tag along with an older guy that has some experience. If you do manage to get the go ahead to race, be conservative for a few races (I know this is next to impossible for a 14 yr old)....learn the pace...and dont get hurt!

good luck my mom wont let me race and ive only had a sprained ankle from riding

Well there is always time! my parents said they would never let me start dirt biking! Over time, and with good behavoir, if your parents are cool they will let you do anything reasonable! just keep working them

Besides possible injuries, who is going to finance your racing and get you to the races?

How are your grades in school? There may be some bargaining power if improve your grades................or at least find the "Shift" key on your key board.

Ride on

Brewster