Sign in to follow this  

Vid From Saturday

Went to Gopher Dunes on the weekend to work on my cornering.... Only took one spill :thumbsup: This is only my 2nd time in the sand this year, and it was very heavy sand with all the rain we got. It takes a bit of getting used to, riding in that stuff.... but you know what they say, practice makes perfect! Had a blast, got soaked from head to toe since it rained almost all day! I was playing around with movie maker and made this short vid. Enjoy!

http://media.putfile.com/Cornering-At-GD

Anyone know where you can upload videos more than 25mb? Its hard to make a good vid with that small of a file limit.

work on keepin those elbows up!

you can put big videos on myspace.... thats the only place i know that you can put them bigger than 25 mb

Sweet man I've gotta ride with you, Im going next week on my new bike on tuesday and the following Sat. or Sun. whichever has more people going that I know of.

Man I had a race at gopher dunes (of corse I had to miss it) but I heard from the people I race with that it's a super sick track.

The sandy tracks are allways fun to me...

Next time I have a race there I'm going for sure!

I live near London and was wondering if anyone can go and ride Gopher Dunes???? What is the cost??? Who do you call???

Your riding looked really good from here...good transition between standing and attack position.. nice and smooth.... :thumbsup:

I live near London and was wondering if anyone can go and ride Gopher Dunes???? What is the cost??? Who do you call???

Your riding looked really good from here...good transition between standing and attack position.. nice and smooth.... :thumbsup:

Anyone can ride the Dunes as long as there is no event planned. Check out their website http://www.gopherdunes.com/ Its a great track, lots of nice jumps... too bad that day the track was so water logged.... Some of the bigger jumps were a bit risky to hit.

Thanks for the tips..... My style might not be perfect, but it works for me. The vid doesn't really show it very well, but the corners really had no lines. You pretty much had to shove the bike into the corner hard, then cross up over all the crappy ruts... made for some good practice, especially since I rarely ride sand. I have a race there next weekend, hopefully its a bit better conditions so I can hammer down all the jumps. Can't wait for the gate to drop! Then its ON!!

your riding looked great to me, where is gopher dunes?

Courtland, Ontario Canada :thumbsup: Its not quite like the dunes you guys have! But we will take what we can get!

Nice vid.

I think you can post bigger video's at www.streetfire.net. I haven't tried there in a while but I seem to remember posting a bigger vid there.

Man I had a race at gopher dunes (of corse I had to miss it) but I heard from the people I race with that it's a super sick track.

The sandy tracks are allways fun to me...

Next time I have a race there I'm going for sure!

shawn LDR does not have a race at gopher dunes

cool vid btw man i wish i could ride now

Riding looked awesome, but try working on your throttle control when going around those turns.

you looked good, good corner speed and your on the gas..BUT..your sitting down to early entering the corners when you could be still standing up and on the gas..

so stay gas longer get harder on the brakes and right back to the gas..trust the sand its easy to slow down in so carry as much speed into the corner as possible and youll be going way faster.

you have the corners down you just need the entrance.

dont be offended as im just trying to help

PLR

you looked good, good corner speed and your on the gas..BUT..your sitting down to early entering the corners when you could be still standing up and on the gas..

so stay gas longer get harder on the brakes and right back to the gas..trust the sand its easy to slow down in so carry as much speed into the corner as possible and youll be going way faster.

you have the corners down you just need the entrance.

dont be offended as im just trying to help

PLR

Good advice thanks :thumbsup: I just have to get more comfortable with the entance speed and I'm sure the rest will fall into place.

Awesome thanks for the information...good luck this weekend on your race..

Thanks..... Hopfully I will have some good pics and vid for you guys next week!

sweet track... like said before corner looks great.. just need a a little more entrance speed and youl have it down.