Sign in to follow this  

cannonracecraft clutch springs rule

http://www.cannonracecraft.com/

First off, yes, I'm pimping these dudes hardcore. Why? Do I work for them? Is this some kind of evil government conspiracy? Am I some paid advertiser?

Of course, nope. Their springs are slightly longer than stock, but not necessarily stiffer. I don't know how it works, I don't care, as long as they work as well as they do! Here was my recent experience with cannon race craft clutch springs:

I ordered some springs for my 2003 YZ250F, because the clutch was slipping, and I could easily tell my 2006 YZ250F's clutch (with said springs installed)was way better.

So I ordered their clutch springs. They came quickly, I was pleased. I went to install them; and they were WAY stiff. Like, can't even pull the clutch lever in at all, stiff. Also, they came with an extra spring! How confusing. So I called them to ask if they had sent me the wrong springs (they said "YZ250" on the outside, missing the all-important "F").

It turns out that yep, they had grabbed the wrong set. So they NEXT DAY AIRed me out the correct springs! They didn't make me go through a whole bunch of hoo-haa, they figured out by what I was describing that they had made a mistake, and they made it right.

So one could argue that my experience with them started badly, and yep, perhaps that's true (they sent the wrong springs, after all); but it was how they dealt with it that impressed me. Just like Yamaha, I really appreciate companies that deal with their issues in a way that's nice to their customers. Instead of ignoring the valve issue, Yamaha did something about it, and made them right. Cannonracecraft sent the wrong springs, but they certainly ended up losing money on me going over and above trying to make sure I was happy. They went beyond "the bottom line", and wanted to make sure I was satisfied. Way cool.

Oh yeah, used the springs trail riding last weekend. Really great hook-up, very happy with the product.

:thumbsup:

I've been using them all season. I've probably got 1,500 miles on them since january and they haven't sacked 1mm. Best money I've ever spent on my bikes. I couldn't make the oem springs last 3 play rides.