Sign in to follow this  

400S + 3X3, Dynojet, Yosh RS3 = SMILES

Just finished up the 3X3, DJ kit, yosh full system on my 07' S. Took about 5 hours total, but I work very slow. Went for a fire road ride today and was impressed with the results. More power, not "knock your socks off" power but a big improvement. In addition, the power delivery is super smooth and useable throughout the entire range. Its really acts like a whole new bike. Of course I'm not telling you folks anything you dont already know.

Thanks to all you guys on this forum for your sugesstions and "how to" instructions for the mods, it is greatly appreciated, and I would have been lost without your help. :thumbsup:

In addition I put on a Clarke 3.9 gal tank, case guards, skid plate, Unabikers, DRC tail light and blinkers, and de-smog. Now I am really starting to like this bike!

Next, the Deathwings have got to go, they are great on the pavement but man are they ever scary in the dirt. :ride:

Thanks again folks.

Vince

Congratulations. Wait until you do the FCR carb...

The DRZ is great but its like crack. The better you make it the more you send TT for parts...

Thanks for posting!

I have the DJ Kit but no installed yet nor the 3x3 YET.

I want one of those exhausts too

Good to hear again that this is the waay to go!

glad to hear. doin' mine this weekend.3x3, DJ,yoshi rs3. what jets did you use?

I ran the stock 142.5 main, 25 pilot, 4th clip. I am riding at SL - 5000 ft. so its a bit rich where I'm riding now at 3000' (no blueing on the header) but runs great! I wanted to avoid being too lean when close to sea level. I've worked on recip aircraft enigines but I'm brand new to working on bikes so you may not want to jet like I did, better asked the experts.

Today I took out the TEC insert that came with the yosh and scavanged a spark arrestor from another bike, man its loud, but I cant really tell if it has more power without the insert.

On the pavement it will wheely in 1st and 2nd without pulling on the bars. I only have 400 miles on it so it seems to have more power after each ride.

Vince

well the RS3 wont blue on the header..... the TRS Ti yet another endless wallet mod!

sounds kewl and its what i would like to do to my 05 e model ..but this will sound stupid but what is a 3x3 and a dynojet and where did you get them ...sorry about the stupid questions am still new to TT and modding a drz

thanks

sounds kewl and its what i would like to do to my 05 e model ..but this will sound stupid but what is a 3x3 and a dynojet and where did you get them ...sorry about the stupid questions am still new to TT and modding a drz

thanks

the 3x3 is just a 3x3 cutout in the airbox under the seat, and dynojet makes a jet kit for the drz s/sm with the stock carb. There is also a james dean jet kit for the s/sm with the stock carb now as well. If you do a search you can find out more.

Thanks stangbang ...there is just so much out there and without gettin in over my head..Which is easily done when it comes to 4 strokes ...but i will keep on searching the tt site and reading till i find what is right fer me as you and others have done ...it would be kewl if there was like a parts review section for both the S and SM just a thought....hey viktobravo thanks for the thread its helping me getta a grip on what I want to do to mine ....even if I am still lost :thumbsup:

Thanks stangbang ...there is just so much out there and without gettin in over my head..Which is easily done when it comes to 4 strokes ...but i will keep on searching the tt site and reading till i find what is right fer me as you and others have done ...it would be kewl if there was like a parts review section for both the S and SM just a thought....hey viktobravo thanks for the thread its helping me getta a grip on what I want to do to mine ....even if I am still lost :thumbsup:

No problem. There is tons of info using the search feature, almost too much to wade through. Here are some links to get you started.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378193&highlight=dynojet+3X3

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330794

Another great link is www.drz.info but it seems to be offline a bunch. Someone can probably email you the contents, its a must read.

Vince

viktobravo thank you for steering me right ,but after i went to your garage pics and info I called brian at the tt store and ordered all of the same goodies you have on yer scooter on monday and cant wait tell i get them parts and slap on my bike which doesnt even have 200 miles on it am also considering havin eddie do my motor this winter what do think ....then maybe some SM rims and tires :thumbsup::applause: I think I will need a bigger bed when this is all done cause that bike is gonna get cold this winter

yeah I have to upload some pics to my garage but lost the damned USB cable to my camera.

All the stuff I put on the bike works great. The Unabikers were a pain in the ass though. Just work through it, put the yosh on first and you will see how you have to tweak the guards by bending them to fit the holes and grind one of the support dowels of the Unabiker. Its not a major problem, just requires some patience and trial and error. The Unabiker really is a good product though.

I stripped alot of crap off my bike but it still feels like it weighs the same. The White Bros skid plate is pretty beefy and much heavier than the stock set up. My favorite mod was the Edge tail light and blinkers from Forrest at Wheeling Cycle!!!! Man thats a slick set up and made the bike really fast!

Just the other day I changed my front sprocket to a 14 and it feels much better on the trails but I wouldnt do it if you plan on alot of highway riding as the bike is wrapped up pretty tight at 65 mph. I'm considering a 47 on the rear, but for now the 14 - 44 is working pretty well as its still good for the short stretches of two-lane highway I ride to link up trails. I'm a big whimp so I try to avoid pavement whenever I can.

One thing about the Yosh RS-3 is that it comes with a crappy insert that restricts the hell out of the exhaust and really bogs down the low end torque. I pulled it out and run open with a spark arrestor (scavanged it off my buddy's bike and put the insert in his pipe) I wonder if he will notice. But now its louder than hell and I have to wear ear plugs for long rides.

Anyway, you should be happy with your new found power. Its not a KTM 450 or even close, but its loads of fun and has way more power than I will ever need on the technical trails. I would just kill myself twisting the happy grip on the KTM, its a monster. If it were me I would send Burned my engine if I planned on alot of street/highway riding. However, I'm already on my ninth life as far as street riding is concerned so I avoid it whenever I can. My old GSXR cured me of that.

Good luck on your mods. If you have any questions while you are doing them just send me a PM and hopefully I can help you out.

yeah that bike is gonna get cold on the winter MT nights, better get a bigger bed and tell your GF to get used to it<G>!

Vince

Hey MT man, I just realized that you have an E model. Then you already have 14-47 sprockets and an FCR carb. the other mods should work great though and I think you will have plenty of power with that set up.

Vince

Vince ..I made a mistake my bike is a S model and I still have the death wings on for now my son and I are going to the big hole battlefield on the 23rd so this will be the test 100% street all the way after that those tires are gone but I hear ya about that assfaualt am much more of a dirt… guy…. but man that motard stuff looks fun .....the bike is apart and awaiting parts I will post pics and let ya know how the mods go

Thanks again

This site and all the peeps that hangout on here are awesome its makes dirt bikin so sweet to know you can come here and shoot the bull and meet friends and LEARN so much ! Am Stoked

Steve

:applause::thumbsup::applause:

Cool Steve! Well i was in MT quite a bit for the last 15 years, my folks live on 191 between Big Sky and West. I never did get a chance to do much riding there but man I caught some fish!!! Good luck on your new ride!!! Keep that bike warm this winter. Oh yeah, if you need a place to ride, the SoCal deserts are primo in the winter!!!!

Vince. Headed to Baja as we speak!!! yeah!