Sign in to follow this  

Crower Sportsman kit test

We installed the stage 1 kit and put some laps on it. This is a great mod. Much improvement on the bottom and it revs out more easily. Places where a downshift would make the motor seem overreved, now it pulls hard. It makes the stock gearing seem pretty close. Definitely a great choice for motocross.

Its worth every penny! I know it seems like alot. But judging from what the cost are to obtain similar results, it makes it much more acceptable. Our teammate has Pro Circuit head, cam,and exhaust. He says our setup is faster. We run C-12 @ 50/50 and a 4.1 FMF exhaust, but are switching to LeoVince. Its a 05. Oh yeah, the piston is purty too.

he means 1/2 and 1/2 with pump gas and vp c12....try u4 straight someday and see if the riders notice the torque that fuel adds......and thats pretty normal when guys compare the pc to our sportsman kit with no head work , our kit runs better and last longer and cost less , thats what that kit was designed for...radical stock bore power that you can build at home.

thanks for the info, i may be interested in getting this kit eventually, but it looks like i'll be puttin it off for a while since i just got some duals :thumbsup:

...hey radsdad, arent you on ronronmx too?

Thanks Mr Crower for reply....though your sportsman package, stage 1, go well with unlead gas only, too. :thumbsup:

I dont go on ronron, but my son radracer317 is on there often. Washougal testing this weekend!

Testing/jetting complete- I highly recommend this kit. The bike pulls alot harder into the top of the powerband. We got it because we thought it would be great for indoors, but it works everywhere. Next outdoor season, we will try a G2 grind.

sweet. i'm gonna try and get one of these crower cams this fall