Sign in to follow this  

i need help

i need to lighten my ttr 230 any suggestions at all it is very heavy some times and it gets annoying and it would be a much better bike if i could lighten it like 30 or 40 Pd's any suggestions

You're not gonna be able to lighten the bike by 30-40 lbs...thats wishful thinking. What you can do is adapt to the weight of the bike. The more comfortable you are with the girth of that little pig, the faster you'll be on it!!!! I see 14-16 year old kids rail these 230s (TT-R and CRF) all the time...its all about getting used to it.

Its a heavy bike, there are minor things that can be done that will shed 5-10 lbs, but thats the most you're gonna get without major $ sunk into it.

These bikes are a capable small trail machines that I see riders flyin on all the time.

The best way that I can think of to remove 30-40lbs from the bike is take out the motor.-JK

yea i have noticed from when i first got it from now i have gotten faster threw trails and track now i have to deal with my suspension and ill be fine