Sign in to follow this  

Foresthill conditions

What are the conditions like at foresthill?? Im sure its dry up there...I don't mind dry conditions as long as I'm leading :ride: But is it a straight up dustbowl??? Also does it get crowded real bad during the summertime. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Bring your breathing apparatus cause it is gonna be DUSTY. I was up there on the 9th and I would bet it is worse. Still fun, but plan on spacing out atleast a minute between riders. Maybe 3 ?

few parts, like 20% of 3, 1 and 7 are hard pack. Rest all dusty with many parts silty by now. September it's ankle deep silt in many areas. Summer can be un crowded in the early morning then Sugarpine gets packed with screaming MX dip terds on thier first trail ride and quad spinners later in the day. Ride with no more the 3 riders, spread out, avoid red dust loop 4 in the afternoon or mid day sun.

It's so loamy and tacky right now. It's perfect!

:ride: dude I bet you're a riot at parties

few parts, like 20% of 3, 1 and 7 are hard pack. Rest all dusty with many parts silty by now. September it's ankle deep silt in many areas. Summer can be un crowded in the early morning then Sugarpine gets packed with screaming MX dip terds on thier first trail ride and quad spinners later in the day. Ride with no more the 3 riders, spread out, avoid red dust loop 4 in the afternoon or mid day sun.

Im about 2.5 hours out I don't know that an early morning ride on sunday is feasible because I work late saturday night :thumbsup: It sounds like if I get there late morning/early afternoon I'll probably be a victim of a head on :applause: . I really want to ride this place, should I just wait until the first rainfall?

:thumbsup: dude I bet you're a riot at parties

We'll see. My bachelor party is this weekend and I'm going to put six of them through 100 miles of moto hell tomorrow. They will either be praising me or cursing me for the course I'm running them through.

We'll see. My bachelor party is this weekend and I'm going to put six of them through 100 miles of moto hell tomorrow. They will either be praising me or cursing me for the course I'm running them through.

so you are the getting married one. hmmmm congrats.....but, does she really know your true personality? :thumbsup::ride:

Jsan: head ons are more likely in good conditions, go 4 it this weekend if you want bUT 2.5 hours drive is usually reserved for good conditions only in my book, which means after some rain but not lots of rain FH gets slippery. you have to time it right

trail 6 should be okay and the stream may still be flowing too for a mid ride soak.

Dude... Just go for it. I was up there a couple weeks ago and its dusty, but just space out a bit. I rode later in the day and it was JUST US out there. Most everyone had bailed! We got there at 3:00 and rode till dark! Was way cool and no dustier than anywhere else I've been riding. I was at Stony last weekend and expected it to be a dustbowl too, but the wind kicked up so the breeze just cleared it out quickly. That was way cool! I'm headed back there real soooooon!

Dude... Just go for it. I was up there a couple weeks ago and its dusty, but just space out a bit. I rode later in the day and it was JUST US out there. Most everyone had bailed! We got there at 3:00 and rode till dark! Was way cool and no dustier than anywhere else I've been riding. I was at Stony last weekend and expected it to be a dustbowl too, but the wind kicked up so the breeze just cleared it out quickly. That was way cool! I'm headed back there real soooooon!

agreed good advice. If ya wanna ride just GO!

YZ's getting married and I didn't get an invite??????!!!!!

:applause: Ok.......... really............ who would marry that guy????

You find out quick who your friends are around here!!!!!! :thumbsup::ride: