Sign in to follow this  

kitaco inner rotor wiring

anybody no how to hook this up. got it bolted in just need a little help on the wiring part none of the connectors hook up to each other if this replaces the stock wiring harness on xtreme cr2

anybody no how to hook this up. got it bolted in just need a little help on the wiring part none of the connectors hook up to each other if this replaces the stock wiring harness on xtreme cr2

Theres only a couple of wires and they are color coded...real Simple.

White wire off the stator goes to white wire on CDI box.

Black wire off stator goes to Black/Red wire on CDI box.

Green wire off CDI box goes to ground.

Kill Switch wire plugs in next to Black/Red wire off of the CDI....Of course its not long enough so I spliced in a wire and heat wraped it so it could mount on my bars and reach its connection

and the other 2 wires are color coded and plug into your Coil

Make Sure you space both of the Pick-ups to the Rotor ( I used a Match book cover) it has the thickness recomended. and start with the Pick-up in the middle for your initial timing (Advanced or Retard) adjustment. dont worry when adjusting you wont hurt anything but will find the position for the pick-up were your motor runs best

Hope this helps......

Did you make sure that the fastners were all very tight and did you use lock-tite on them prior to bolting on the stator plate?

The screws i'm questioning are the ones that have the counter sunk heads on the inside of the motor! They have a threaded stand off and thats what the nuts are on to hold the coil and pick up tight.....

:ride:

Good luck it did nothing for our CRIIs.................

Without other engine mods its a waste of 250$ plus dollars.

We have other parts on order now :applause:

The fox air shox is sweet, Guy Cooper has them in stock with the improved seal so they don't blow out :thumbsup:

yes I have a cr2 with the daytona 119 kit in it with the new cooper team transmission got :thumbsup: the inner rotor on today and it revs up twice as fast